3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

3rd Annual Spaniel Farms Beer Mile (Read 1116 times)

Feeling the growl again

Wow.  So.  Much.  Beer.  I've never seen a party with such a diverse selection.  Special thanks for all those left behind...you really didn't have to and it was very generous...and to Trent and FInn for opting to share a bottle of Three Floyds Dark Lord with the group (WOW!).

Also, I have had sugar benders by my kids requiring more cleanup than this whole party.  What a great group.

Official results:

Spaniel - 7:28

C-R - 9:15

WrigleyGirl - 9:43

mbehr - 10:48

MrFinn - 12:12

Trent - 12:50

hacker2000 - 14:30

WhoDatRunner - DNF

pfetro - injured; served as race official and preserver of incriminating evidence (ie photographer)

Random photos....the video may or may not surface in some setting as appropriate.

Those who are about to die, we salute you:

C-R leads coming off the 1st beer for the second time in two Beer Mile appearances.  Spaniel and WG in hot pursuit:

Mrs. Trent doing her best to encourage the troops:

"Oh look!  Beer!":

C-R taking off with WG a few gulps behind:

Still smiling.  More beer must be required:

Hacker2000, WhoDatRunner, and spaniel in transition:

Awards (unibrou selection not shown):

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Well done!

steph  

Prince of Fatness

Damn, did I ever pick the right year to do this!  Great time.  Great company.

My first beer mile is in the books.  The beer was just a bit warm for my liking, but even if it was the perfect temperature I wouldn't have finished in the money.  But I beat Trent on the last lap.  Thank GD for his stupid streak, he was drinking a crap beer last.  A far cry from the $3 Caldera.  Heh.

And I can't believe that I came home with more beer than I brought.  I did not think that was possible.

Opening the Dark Lord was Trent's idea.  He brought it for me but then suggested that we open it.  I didn't even think twice.  I had no business drinking a whole bomber of 18% beer anyway.  All of us getting a taste was the right way to do it.

Anyway it was a hell of a hike to get there, but you folks made it worth while.  Thanks!

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

That Dark Lord was fantastic. Thanks for sharing!

C-R, what was that beer you poured in a glass for me in Spaniel's kitchen? I think it was some kind of belgian?

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Thanks Spaniel and Mrs. Spaniel!

And all of you are fuckheads for bringing me more unique beers. Cripes.

Prince of Fatness

Cripes.

+1

WhoDat, I think that Norm's beer was Matilda. 

Not at it at all. 

Looks like I missed a lot of fun! I've never done a beer mile. I need to put this on my race schedule next year!

C-R

That Dark Lord was fantastic. Thanks for sharing!

C-R, what was that beer you poured in a glass for me in Spaniel's kitchen? I think it was some kind of belgian?

+1 on the Dark Lord. I can' timagine drinking that whole bottle. That's a great one to share. Well done. Well done.

The only real Belgina I brought was the Chimay Red. The other two were Goose Island and I think that one was called Matilda. The other one was Sophie which is more of a Saison. Both great beers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

C-R

+1

WhoDat, I think that Norm's beer was Matilda. 

Yup. Glad you made it home in one piece. Thanks for visitng the Midwest. Spaniel and Mrs. Spaniel definitely know how to show some real Hoosier Hospitality.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

C-R

Looks like I missed a lot of fun! I've never done a beer mile. I need to put this on my race schedule next year!

Make sure you save it for next year.

C-R

Thanks Spaniel. What a great afternoon of beer, food and conversation (oh and the beer mile thing too).

Tomorrow begins the search for the perfect beer for next year. 364 or so days to go.

Cool Jump Suit

Thanks to the keepers of Spaniel Farms!  Had a great time and look forward to next year.  Perhaps I will try a gourmet beer then.  Until that time, I have some leftover Bud's.  (if anyone is interested, let me know)

So bittersweet,
                          This tragedy
                          Won't ask for absolution;
                          This melody,
                          Inside of me,
                          Still searches for solution.
                          A twist of faith,
                          A change of heart
                          Cures my infatuation.
                          A broken heart, 
                          Provides the spark
                          For my determination.

Feeling the growl again

Thanks to the keepers of Spaniel Farms!  Had a great time and look forward to next year.  Perhaps I will try a gourmet beer then.  Until that time, I have some leftover Bud's.  (if anyone is interested, let me know)

There may be a hangover event on a workday evening next week (as in after the 22nd), if it's worth the drive for you.  I would drink a Bud with you.  Hell, after yesterday's learning experience we theoretically could have a second go at the beer mile....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

Hell, after yesterday's learning experience we theoretically could have a second go at the beer mile....

You need help man. Seriously. Once a year is good.

Let me know when. I'm in. Big grin 

Sounds like a great time was had by all. I mentioned the race to Mrs Toast yesterday and she said it sounded interesting..........maybe we'll try to make the 4th annual race

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life