3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

2018 First Quarter Weight Loss Thread (Read 20 times)

W7 - 155

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

C-R

173. No alcohol seems to have some impact. Who knew.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

W7 = 148.8 lbs.

My height is 5' 7"

The lightest I've been in the past 15 years is just around 144 lbs.  Running was a lot easier at that weight, especially going uphill.  When I raced back in "the day" I weighed 120 lbs.

I see that your goal is 140 lbs. Out of curiosity and considering my ultimate goal weight...

Would you share your height?

DoppleBock

The Fat Shady is back ... I fell of the training wagon ... again, but I refuse to call it comeback # 21

Week # 7 265#

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

DoppleBock

I am in week #2 / 13 of couch potato to 50 mile trail race training

3/4 will be my 1st fitness test (Or lack there of) to get a starting point - Point Bock 5 miler

I have been doing a lot of self reflecting lately and I am happy where I am in life right now.  I am setting goals, but refuse to beat myself up for failure any more.

W=8  147.0 lbs.

W8 - 154

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Thanks for the info mtrunr! Since i am just a bit taller I am going to reduce my goal weight of 150... to !45.

**Looking back, I thought you had goal weight set at 140 but now see 149 which you are now under?

My height is 5' 7"

The lightest I've been in the past 15 years is just around 144 lbs.  Running was a lot easier at that weight, especially going uphill.  When I raced back in "the day" I weighed 120 lbs.

Ricky

Yeah, the goal was 149 lbs. for this first Quarter.  That way, I could continue toward 140 lbs. in the next quarter.  Honestly, I'm not typically very good at losing weight as I like food way too much.  For some reason, I've been able to stay committed to "the plan".  My goal is to get a bit lighter (around 140 lbs.), so I'll continue to gradually work my way down.

I raced this past weekend for the first time since last July.  It felt a lot easier to keep a pace at 147 than the 166 that I weighed when I raced back then.

Thanks for the info mtrunr! Since i am just a bit taller I am going to reduce my goal weight of 150... to !45.

**Looking back, I thought you had goal weight set at 140 but now see 149 which you are now under?

DoppleBock

week #8  260

Gotcha.

I am planning a race this April, not that I'm even close to race ready, to commemorate 1 year of sobriety.

My being close to race weight, plus finally leaving weed behind Jan1, has given my return to training a big boost.

Yeah, the goal was 149 lbs. for this first Quarter.  That way, I could continue toward 140 lbs. in the next quarter.  Honestly, I'm not typically very good at losing weight as I like food way too much.  For some reason, I've been able to stay committed to "the plan".  My goal is to get a bit lighter (around 140 lbs.), so I'll continue to gradually work my way down.

I raced this past weekend for the first time since last July.  It felt a lot easier to keep a pace at 147 than the 166 that I weighed when I raced back then.

Ricky

Prince of Fatness

W8 - 190

W9 - 189.4

Not at it at all. 

kcam

W9 - 157.5

DoppleBock

W8 = 260 (Can you correct the 250 you have in the top post ?)

W9 = 259

Had a really good week in everything but the scale.