3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Can we have a reasonable conversation about minimalist running? (Read 593 times)

Hawt and sexy

That reminds me of how annoying it is during races when people for some reason decide to proselytize to me. It really makes me miss xc spikes.  

There is a Mormon pair around here, quite rotund, that try this on me during training. I told them if they wanted to meet God they better start running. Heh, they don't like me much.

I'm touching your pants.

For me, the question isn't whether elite runners run barefoot or not, they clearly do not, and I have no real interest in doing it either. What I am more curious about is how many miles does some like Solinsky do in flats?

That's a good question.

I was talking to a friend the other day....beef made me think of it.....she said she can't wear the ST5's in marathons (those are what I have been wearing in marathons recently) because she gets huge blisters on the balls of her feet. They just start feeling really tender after a while and then blister.

She's not big.  So what is the difference?

I have huge calluses in the area she blisters...maybe that's the difference. But I had never blistered there....just developed the thick skin.