3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

2011 Drinks in 2011 (Read 818 times)

Feeling the growl again

With all of that wine no wonder you don't have time to make beer.  Black raspberry wine sure does sound tasty, though.

Winemaking requires a couple hours here and there.  Beermaking requires a much more dedicated time investment in the short-term....I'm way too far behind right now to do that.  So far this month 5 days in Chicago and 6 in Boston...I leave for NY Sunday.  I will probably be in NJ sometime next month, but I think it's on the far east side.  

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

Winemaking requires a couple hours here and there.  Beermaking requires a much more dedicated time investment in the short-term....I'm way too far behind right now to do that.  So far this month 5 days in Chicago and 6 in Boston...I leave for NY Sunday.  I will probably be in NJ sometime next month, but I think it's on the far east side.  

I've never made wine.  With beer, it's a few hours to brew, then assuming that you don't keg you bottle.  I can bottle a batch in an hour or two, but brewing does take five hours or so once you add setup and cleanup.  I've been brewing almost a batch a month and it does eat into my weekends.  Friday I am going to try doing a half batch in the kitchen.  It should take less time.  If this works I will probably brew mostly small batches and experiment more with different recipes.  I can do these on weeknights.

Let me know when you are in NJ.  If you are going to be close to NYC it would be tough to meet up since I am an hour or so west on the PA border, but you never know.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

I've never made wine.  With beer, it's a few hours to brew, then assuming that you don't keg you bottle.  I can bottle a batch in an hour or two, but brewing does take five hours or so once you add setup and cleanup.  I've been brewing almost a batch a month and it does eat into my weekends.  Friday I am going to try doing a half batch in the kitchen.  It should take less time.  If this works I will probably brew mostly small batches and experiment more with different recipes.  I can do these on weeknights.

Let me know when you are in NJ.  If you are going to be close to NYC it would be tough to meet up since I am an hour or so west on the PA border, but you never know.

I'll let you and Nader know when I have a specific location and dates.  I will be required to be out there with some regularity going forward.

A five hour commitment is HUGE right now.  My weekends are completely shot trying to catch up from travel....I only have a day and a half this weekend before I have to head for the airport and I need to Roundup my driveway, 2,4-D half my lawn, go to a birthday party, finish picking black raspberries, rototill the garden (forget hand-picking the rows), and begin hauling what remains of a big ass tree out of my driveway and back into the back field.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Prince of Fatness

A five hour commitment is HUGE right now.  My weekends are completely shot trying to catch up from travel....I only have a day and a half this weekend before I have to head for the airport and I need to Roundup my driveway, 2,4-D half my lawn, go to a birthday party, finish picking black raspberries, rototill the garden (forget hand-picking the rows), and begin hauling what remains of a big ass tree out of my driveway and back into the back field.

Yeah, home ownership is a full time job.  I only have 3/4 acre and I have a list longer than my arm of stuff that I need to get done.  And that's just outside.

Not at it at all. 

DoppleBock

527 in the 1st 6 months - but that is only 181 days - annualized to 365 = 1062

I will not hit 1,000, Damn it!

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Feeling the growl again

I will not hit 1,000, Damn it!

"Damn it" as in you are going to miss your goal of hitting that or you are committed NOT to hit it?

I am sure I will not hit 1000....I am sure I will be over 500.

DoppleBock

I am committed to not hitting 1,000

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Feeling the growl again

I am committed to not hitting 1,000

I know Wink  I just found the potential duality amusing.  I'm in a pissy mood so something has to amuse me.

Prince of Fatness

I'm in a pissy mood so something has to amuse me.

Not at it at all.