3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

The beer challenge (Read 43 times)

C-R

Since its time to throw another dumb challenge on the board I called out Slo to see which one of us would break 19 first and/or drop the lowest HM time. Beer payable at monkey in November.

Anyone else. I'm taking all comers if we can handicap properly. Slo and I just happen to b about he same stage of racing.

MTA: this is a free for all so anyone can call out kind of like what we tried last fall.

This is really Obsessors deal and I will gladly carry on his work.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/2000somethings/forum/0f161f9e046043b0b57d4fb4f40ddfb7/0

Call Out Runners Race Goal How You Doin?
    CR - Slo  5k First one to <19  
    CR - Slo 13.1 Lowest time prior to Monkey  
    Spaniel - Mbehr 5k First one to <16  
    CR - Happyfeet 5k

Best percentage improvement from '13 race time

CR - 20:16 (Dec) - Happy 23:43

Let's hear it people.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Can we amend this to who can get a bigger improvement from their most recent best race.  By this I mean we take the best performance in the last year (equivalent times if different distances) and see who can improve the most by fall. We can age grade the performances.  The best percentage improvement wins.

Maybe unfair for the faster folks, so maybe two different divisions for the sub 20 and over 20 min 5K folks or whatever other line you want to draw?

Feeling the growl again

You can throw me in with sub-16.  That would be one hell of an accomplishment given where I'm at now (gained a bunch of weight and not run in a week).  Have not done so in 7 years.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

You can throw me in with sub-16.

This is where I'm at.  It's been nearly 14 yr for me.  I'm up for a challenge with you if your interested!

Slo

It's all fun and games until someone gets drunk.

Feeling the growl again

This is where I'm at.  It's been nearly 14 yr for me.  I'm up for a challenge with you if your interested!

And now you have a head start.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

Shit, I thought that this was a beer drinking challenge.  I got nothing right now.  We'll see how it goes, I may join in with something down the road.

Not at it at all. 

C-R

Most new badges on Untappd.

Shit, I thought that this was a beer drinking challenge.  I got nothing right now.  We'll see how it goes, I may join in with something down the road.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Slo

Thanks C-R for getting me focused.

When you started this thread I was running 15 - 20 miles a week and not breaking 100 miles for the month.

I weighed 171 lbs.

Finally, I have been able to break 40 mile weeks...the body is feeling good.

This morning I weighed 160.8 lbs.

Nothing taste better than FREE BEER.

C-R

Don't go swiggin that brew just yet but I'm glad you got going. I need to lose that last 5 and it will be game on.

kcam

Really Cecil kinda called me out on this one but I'm dumb enough to accept ...

Cecil's race is 6/8, mine is 6/28 (kinda unfair but who said racing's fair?)

So let it be written, so let it be done ....

Call Out Runners Race Goal How You Doin?
                        Cecil58 - kencamet  Mile on the Track Straight-up WIN!!!