3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

January 2015 Racing Thread (Read 27 times)

Feeling the growl again

1/24 - spaniel - Blame Spaniel 5K #1 - 16:38

I don't think I'm that fast yet, and I'm still adjusting to "high" mileage again, but I'm a competitive blockhead and the bar has been set.

Not quite.  16:41.5.  Went out too fast (5:15 1600m).  Still, for the first solo time trial of the year I'll take it.  Last March was 17:22.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Just a dude.

Not quite.  16:41.5.  Went out too fast (5:15 1600m).  Still, for the first solo time trial of the year I'll take it.  Last March was 17:22.

Man, I am impressed and jealous. 16:41 solo time trial on a random weekend? Pretty dang good.

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I didn't post a goal, but here's the result anyway.

BS 5K - 26:27

I lost count of how many times Spaniel lapped me.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

Man, I am impressed and jealous. 16:41 solo time trial on a random weekend? Pretty dang good.

-Kelly

Thanks.  I am one long run away from capping off my highest mileage week in well over a year.  Maybe two.  And I took a day off this week.  So needless to say the legs were not fresh.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

For a solo time trial and the first one in how long?  That's a very good starting point. Dayum, some of us have some work to do....

Feeling the growl again

For a solo time trial and the first one in how long?  That's a very good starting point. Dayum, some of us have some work to do....

Last 5k I ran was July, 16:54.  I need to race more this year.

Ntown Kevin

1/25

5M

Winter Wonderland

Milford, CT

Ran a pretty good indoor mile earlier this month, so I know there's still some speed in me. As long as the conditions are half decent (as opposed to last year's cold snowy mess) think I have a good shot at 28 mins. It is January though, so prepared for cold snowy mess again.

Not quite - 28:25. Faster than last year, but further back in the pack. Had fun racing though

k.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

I need to race more this year.

Don't we all.  There are a lot of races around here but I don't exactly want to shell out the money they charge for races now a days. Don't need to pile up on race shirts either.  And it's tough to push to that next level with solo time trials.

Some great running all!

Excellent effort as a time trial Spaniel, I couldn't have got close to that as a solo try.

Feeling the growl again

Some great running all!

Excellent effort as a time trial Spaniel, I couldn't have got close to that as a solo try.

Maybe maybe not -- but you're still on top of the heap.  Another try in 2-3 weeks, I have a 7-miler next weekend to race.

I'll enjoy it while I can, I'm going to have another pop in 3 weeks as well.  I'll have my work cut out to stay those couple of seconds ahead!

Maybe maybe not -- but you're still on top of the heap.  Another try in 2-3 weeks, I have a 7-miler next weekend to race.

Feeling the growl again

I'll enjoy it while I can, I'm going to have another pop in 3 weeks as well.  I'll have my work cut out to stay those couple of seconds ahead!

Everybody runs faster when something (one) is chasing their ass.

1/24 - spaniel - Blame Spaniel 5K #1 - 16:38

I don't think I'm that fast yet, and I'm still adjusting to "high" mileage again, but I'm a competitive blockhead and the bar has been set.

I'm tempted to throw in a Chicagoland version of a "Blame Spaniel 5k."  Was hoping to make it Iowa for a 4-miler in a couple of weeks but that trip is looking more doubtful.  May have to suck it up for a solo time trial.

Pretty quiet January for racing. Hopefully February brings out more races....