3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Monthly Racing Threads (Read 599 times)

Slo

Nads, where you at?  It's almost time to start thinking about January. 

Not that I have anything lined up at this point.  I'm holding out for a 4-miler back in IA in the beginning of February.  Hopefully I'll find some speed by then.

That wouldn't be the Brry Scurry would it? 

That wouldn't be the Brry Scurry would it? 

Yes it is.  How do you know of that?

Slo

I live in that town.

Well, it's good to meet another Clintonian on here then. I've tried getting a few others to join but they're happy with Dailymile for now. I gratuated from CHS and have family there that brings me back. I'm hoping to do the Brry Scurry and the half in Sep if it gets organized again.
          Slo

Did you do the Half this year?

My avatar is from that race. I am on the planning committee and am responsible for the course(s). I laid them out and certified them. The half is a tough SOB. It will be the same weekend in 2012 except this year it will be on Sunday. We will still do a 5k, 10k and Half despite the low numbers in the 10k. The 10k course is my favorite. I plan on racing that this coming year.

The B-rry Scurry is a great race. I liked it better when it was out and back vs the course now.  And as you are aware, it brings out some of the area's faster runners...You being one of them I see. I generally write that day off as the B-rry Scurry has one of the best post race parties around.

I'm not orginally from Clinton. Met my wife here when I was in juco. The enconomy back in the tail end of the 90's sent me on a job search and we ended up back here.

Nads, where you at?  It's almost time to start thinking about January. 

Not that I have anything lined up at this point.  I'm holding out for a 4-miler back in IA in the beginning of February.  Hopefully I'll find some speed by then.

Sorry, man. It didn't occur to me to get on this until closer to January, but of course people plan races months in advance. Duh.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Did you do the Half this year?

My avatar is from that race. I am on the planning committee and am responsible for the course(s). I laid them out and certified them. The half is a tough SOB. It will be the same weekend in 2012 except this year it will be on Sunday. We will still do a 5k, 10k and Half despite the low numbers in the 10k. The 10k course is my favorite. I plan on racing that this coming year.

The B-rry Scurry is a great race. I liked it better when it was out and back vs the course now.  And as you are aware, it brings out some of the area's faster runners...You being one of them I see. I generally write that day off as the B-rry Scurry has one of the best post race parties around.

I'm not orginally from Clinton. Met my wife here when I was in juco. The enconomy back in the tail end of the 90's sent me on a job search and we ended up back here.

No half for me.  So, you're to blame for that course, huh.  Weedy gave me a good update from the weekend.  I really wanted to come back and run it but I figured it wouldn't be wise to bail on the wife the day before a local 5k race we were the RD's for.  We're working out plans with the school district now and should be finalizing a date in the fall for the 2nd Annual run.  I'm hoping that the weekend of the half will be open.  If so, I'm there.  I miss the hills of Clinton.  Stockwell Ln is one of my favorite routes. I used to live on the north end of town so spent a lot of runs up to and through Eagle Point.

Yeah, I like the Brry Scurry when it was the 5k/10k.  Oh well, the current distance is something different and nice for a change.  I'm trying to recruit other CHS alumni to come back and run it.  I know a couple that are always good for the trip back home.