3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

December 2015 Race Thread (Read 24 times)

C-R

Forgot to put in the race but kiddo and I ran the Dirty Santa XC 5k yesterday. He won the race (about 200+ runners) and I finished at 21:37 which was way off my goal. Course had lots of turns and was frozen solid. 22 degrees at race start with some wind.

All in all a decent race to finish the season.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Nice work CR.. I skipped my 5k because it was rainy, windy.. and hard to motivate.

And we run because we like it
      Through the broad bright land

bhearn

My second big race of the year (after Spartathlon): Desert Solstice Invitational 24 hour, 12/19-20.

Goal is to make the US 24-hour team, ... I think it will probably take 150+ this time to make the team. So, I'd better run 150+. 

Other goals: US 50+ track 24-hour record, 144.623 miles, and (long shot) world 50+ track 24-hour record, 153.845 miles.

Ran 149.24, 2OA, American Record for M50-54.

Crossing my fingers it's good enough to make the team.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Ran 149.24, 2OA, American Record for M50-54.

Crossing my fingers it's good enough to make the team.

That's just amazing Bob. I've been so impressed with what you've accomplished this year. I hope the surgery resolves your issues and you're back kicking ass soon.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

kcam

I'll post this here, too, CR since you added me to the Dec Race thread.  Thanks!

Success!  4:57:08, 11th overall, 1st in 50-59 and most importantly, two falls!

The second one was rough, at very close to the end of the race both calves decided to cramp.  Went down like a sack of those boiled potatos I was eating during the race.  Just a few scrapes on my leg and was able to get up and crank it in to the finish.  Way back in the day I used to ride some of those trails on my mountain bike (before running totally pushed that hobby out of the way).  It was a little nostalgic.  Just like back in the old MTB days - "The mountain always takes a little blood".  It was a very cold day for us Californians, <29 deg at the start, but still a gorgeous day for a trail run.

C-R

That's great Ken. A pick up 50k under 5. Nice.

Alright the virtual beer for this month goes to Bhearn. Seriously a new 24 hr AG American record on a dodgy achilles. I will pay up @ Monkey next year for certain. I know the month ain't over but I don't see anyone racing prior to the 1st in here so.....

We certainly ascribe to quality vs quantity in this crew.

Ok. Another new year beckons. Lace 'em up and get some.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/