3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

Feeling the growl again

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13420043/indianapolis-brewery-trolls-tom-brady-cans-nfl

I can't help but like everything about this.

I only wish I had one....alas, I haven't bought Wee Mac in awhile.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Feeling the growl again

Shiner Bock.  They carried this in our local Safeway for a while and I was a very happy camper.  Brings me back to my days at UT-Austin as an undergrad.  Shiner Bock was sacred to us.  That and Barton Springs pool.  Check out the homepage of Shiner Brewing Company.  Spring-fed pool, always at 68 Deg.  If you're ever in Austin you gotta dip in the sacred waters ... I miss it!

I like Shiner Bock (and my wife is Texan).  Strangely, I've found most of their other beers to be less than good.  A MAJOR exception was their anniversary chocolate stout, which was one of the best of the style I've had.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I like Shiner Bock (and my wife is Texan).  Strangely, I've found most of their other beers to be less than good.  A MAJOR exception was their anniversary chocolate stout, which was one of the best of the style I've had.

Agreed. I really like Shiner and I was in Houston Monday night so I had a couple at dinner. But the other night our local night spot had a Shiner tap takeover, so I had a flight on special - it included their ruby redbird (grapefruity) and prickly pear - both of which I really disliked. And my brother was all fired up about the Wild Hare (which I heard they are discontinuing), but I tried a six pack and was not too impressed. But Shiner original is a great steady beer.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
        We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Shiner Bock is good.  That was my usual go to choice on tap whenever I traveled to Houston for work.

Just got back from a 2 week trip out to Wyoming and Montana.  Can't believe how much the microbrew scene has exploded in Montana.  Good thing we had to head back, otherwise I'd be up more than the 10 pounds I've gained in the last month.  I kept buying different six packs and packing them in the camper to bring home.  I usually went for the ambers or IPAs and liked the following breweries:

Lone Peak (Big Sky, MT) - the wife had a Raspberry Wheat she really liked.  They only sold this on tap or in growlers.

Red Lodge Ale (Red Lodge, MT) - Liked their Bent Nail IPA

Bozeman Brewing Company (Bozeman, MT) - Bozone Select Amber was good

Grand Teton Brewing Company

It was a good trip but eventually we had to come back home.

Feeling the growl again

Shiner Bock is good.  That was my usual go to choice on tap whenever I traveled to Houston for work.

Just got back from a 2 week trip out to Wyoming and Montana.  Can't believe how much the microbrew scene has exploded in Montana.  Good thing we had to head back, otherwise I'd be up more than the 10 pounds I've gained in the last month.  I kept buying different six packs and packing them in the camper to bring home.  I usually went for the ambers or IPAs and liked the following breweries:

Lone Peak (Big Sky, MT) - the wife had a Raspberry Wheat she really liked.  They only sold this on tap or in growlers.

Red Lodge Ale (Red Lodge, MT) - Liked their Bent Nail IPA

Bozeman Brewing Company (Bozeman, MT) - Bozone Select Amber was good

Grand Teton Brewing Company

It was a good trip but eventually we had to come back home.

Grand Teton is very good, I get that whenever I am in NW Chicago at Binny's.  I'm also a Big Sky fan, gotta have me some Moose Drool!