3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

I'm going to hurt myself (Read 3386 times)

A few short months ago, 24 miles alone would leave my back screaming.  Things are looking up.

Nice!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

That's a great double, and excellent news on the back progress, spaniel.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Congrats, spaniel!

steph  

Committed to one-a-month dedicated ultra training weekends.  December was 33mi/4hr on the threadmill.

Sa -24 miles @ 6:58 pace

Su -21 miles, 15@6:40 then 6@6:00.  I could really feel yesterday in my legs when I ramped the speed up...it sucked for a couple miles and then I just forgot the sucking and finished the run.  I considered speeding up to 11mph the last mile just because but then didn't.

A few short months ago, 24 miles alone would leave my back screaming.  Things are looking up.

NICE!!

MTA: I hope to be able to post a "similar" post like this in a few months (maybe not the distance it's self)

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Committed to one-a-month dedicated ultra training weekends.  December was 33mi/4hr on the threadmill.

Su -21 miles, 15@6:40 then 6@6:00.  I could really feel yesterday in my legs when I ramped the speed up...it sucked for a couple miles and then I just forgot the sucking and finished the run.  I considered speeding up to 11mph the last mile just because but then didn't.

A bad back is a strange and unpredictable beast. Glad to hear you're getting on top of it.

Purdey

Self anointed title

Nice work Spaniel.  That is a great back-to-back.

No heroic workouts for me.  Gradually (actually... fairly rapidly) ramping mileage up.  Looking for 350+ in Jan, maybe 400ish in Feb and Mar, 450 in Apr.  That should be sufficient to hurt me.

Feeling the growl again

Looking for 350+ in Jan, maybe 400ish in Feb and Mar, 450 in Apr.  That should be sufficient to hurt me.

Yeah...that should do it alright!  Shocked

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

No heroic workouts for me.  Gradually (actually... fairly rapidly) ramping mileage up.  Looking for 350+ in Jan, maybe 400ish in Feb and Mar, 450 in Apr.  That should be sufficient to hurt me.

Anyone would think this was the preamble to some kind of 145 mile running stunt.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Purdey

Self anointed title

Anyone would think this was the preamble to some kind of 145 mile running stunt.

I may not make those totals.  But I know that if I want to stand a flying fuck of a chance of completing 145 godawful miles I will have to get as close as I can.

Feeling the growl again

Well, a couple weeks of hard work (and perhaps a virus) caught up with me.  I sort of fell apart this weekend, ended up sleeping instead of running this afternoon.  Yesterday's run felt shittier than any in recent memory.

Getting old sucks...I think it was just the sequence of back-to-back long runs last weekend, workout Wednesday on the third day of doubles, and another workout on Friday.

Looks like I'll be hope sick with the youngest tomorrow, so maybe I can make up the long run.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I'm a newbie to the Hurtlocker, but I see some familiar names & I'm looking to brutalize myself into my best ever shape now I've tipped over the 40 barrier.

I've hit a slight bump this week with some IT band issues but I've managed my biggest ever month in January and am aiming to keep the momentum going as soon as the boney little bastard bit on the side of my knee stops screaming at me...

Feeling the growl again

I'm a newbie to the Hurtlocker, but I see some familiar names & I'm looking to brutalize myself into my best ever shape now I've tipped over the 40 barrier.

I've hit a slight bump this week with some IT band issues but I've managed my biggest ever month in January and am aiming to keep the momentum going as soon as the boney little bastard bit on the side of my knee stops screaming at me...

Never let the bastard keep you down.  Way to attack it.

I'm working on my fourth consecutive higher-mileage month myself.  This will hopefully be the third in a row over 300....IIRC I have only had two 300+ months total before this since I started logging here in 2010.

I'm working on my fourth consecutive higher-mileage month myself.  This will hopefully be the third in a row over 300....IIRC I have only had two 300+ months total before this since I started logging here in 2010.

Nice momentum!  It'll be fun watching you getting seriously quick as the year goes on.

I'm a bit frustrated as I was just starting to feel a surge of fitness after 5 weeks of doubles, but hey it'll only be a blip.

#artbydmcbride

Getting old sucks........

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Runners run

And people are clapping you on the back and saying, "Good job!"  WTF?

Evil

Hope the virus-whatever thingie passes quickly and you're back to rawr-mode soon.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau