3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Welcome (Read 1307 times)

obsessor

A1 - I thought we might want this to be a sticky for a while. The group is slowly but steadily growing.

Welcome to this group. I first formed it when I thought "the swamp" would likely implode, but then it turned out to be a good group in its own right. This is what we are (in my opinion. Others should chime in.)

There's no censoring or booting or administrator action whatsoever. So far, so good.

This is not a democracy. It is not a dictatorship. It is an Anarchy. Have fun.

"Richard" is the only one who might ever get booted. You all know which Richard I mean.

We seem to be "serious runners." This means we are interested in improvement, at some cost to ourselves.

No one is coddling anyone. This is good. This is not a "you can do it!" group.

Do it, or don't do it, or hurt yourself trying. That's respectable.

Feeling the growl again

This is not a "you can do it!" group.

Do it, or don't do it, or hurt yourself trying. That's respectable.

This should be on the front page. 

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Hawt and sexy

Totally missed this. Yeah, I got issues.

I get skerd when people call me a serious runner. Really.It's just something I have done or studied for most of my life and therefore I know a shit ton about. I guess I equate serious with fast, and I will be the first to admit that I have never been fast. I have been mediocre at best. I know how burn out feels. I have first hand experience on the training doled out in the 90's. But other than that, I just run.

I'm touching your pants.

obsessor

Sweet name change. I like it. (it might have occurred on Jan 1, I have no clue. sorry.)

Welcome Candice Schneider!

Any other Schneiders interested?  Hmmm? 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Welcome Candice Schneider!

Any other Schneiders interested?  Hmmm? 

I don't think so.

I don't think he understands yet that you guys are actually talking about running in here. I'll work on it.

And thanks, Nads. I like the fact that spaniel gives people beer if you win the racing thread. That's so much cooler than an imaginary Eight ball.

Ostrich runner

Yay, I am the genesis of a Swamp name. I glad this place doesn't change everyday.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

I look my best blurry!

I'm baaaaaaaaack!  Like it or not.  Big grin

C-R

I'm baaaaaaaaack!  Like it or not.  Big grin

Well hell. Now I drop another peg on the race ladder. Either that or I start training again. I'll take training.

Oh and welcome back.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/