3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Let's say you wanted to run 53 miles in one day... (Read 76 times)

C-R

That's the kind of reply that makes me do dumb shit.

That's why we have December!

Stunting alert

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

You're on.  Cowboy up.

Stunting alert

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

xhristopher

All the advice is appreciated, but 'tis but a fading idea at this point, added to the list of "stuff I didn't do, but I meant to".

Firstly because I full of doubt and do not embrace pain well.  Aka, I'm chicken to try it.  Secondly...there's little support on the home front when I raised the thought....her response was "not everyone was built to run long distance, especially you".

For fun, I should suggest I'd like to run 50 miles on my day off after thanksgiving to see what response I get. I suspect it would make yours look loving and caring. I expect something like "Oh, hell no you don't. I'm not putting up with your tired lazy ass all weekend after you do that to yourself...."

C-R

I've never run a 300 mile month. So.....

You're on.  Cowboy up.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Stunting alert

Just coulnd't help yourself, could you C-R.  Way to poke the bear there.  Of course, it's not he needs much goading for doing stupid shit anyways...

xhristopher

For fun, I should suggest I'd like to run 50 miles on my day off after thanksgiving to see what response I get. I suspect it would make yours look loving and caring. I expect something like "Oh, hell no you don't. I'm not putting up with your tired lazy ass all weekend after you do that to yourself...."

I told my wife I'd like to run 50 miles on Black Friday. The first three or four times I brought it up she just ignored me so I had to push her for a response. It was pretty much what I expected. She had no interest in putting up with me for the rest of the weekend after that. She then told me she didn't think I was serious.

I then told her I'm going to run every day from Thanksgiving to New Years like I did last year. That was really like a non announcement. It's not like I wouldn't have run all but 5 or 6 of those days anyway...

an amazing likeness

Hard to imagine or even fathom I once considered this as possible. 10mi on 57th was enough to put me on the couch for most of today.  Sad. Bigly sad.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Hard to imagine or even fathom I once considered this as possible. 10mi on 57th was enough to put me on the couch for most of today.  Sad. Bigly sad.

Nah. Not sad. Just the reality of today. Given the knee stuff you seem to be dealing with I'd say 10 is pretty damn good. Remember the long view, and that these things are almost never linear. A year from now it will be a different story, and the possibility exists that the story will be happier.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

C-R

Stunt alert - I think I will be running the HUFF 50k on Dec 30.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

That's about 35 minutes from my house. Let me know if you need a place to stay.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

C-R

That's about 35 minutes from my house. Let me know if you need a place to stay.

I will take you up on that. Waiting to register after today's spill on the trails.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I will take you up on that. Waiting to register after today's spill on the trails.

What happened?

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

C-R

What happened?

Lots of leaves at Eagle Creek. Coupled with tired legs and it was cold enough my eyes were watering. One of the roots jumped up and grabbed me. Did the ninja roll but aggravated that shoulder that's been bothering me since summer. I'll know better after a few days. Makes me glad I'm racing XC in WI tomorrow.

Village people

Someone at L&O ran that a few years ago. Sounded miserable.

I am doing a holiday challenge to raise money for charity. I need to hit 200k. I am at 27k on day two. I might row again later.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Lots of leaves at Eagle Creek. Coupled with tired legs and it was cold enough my eyes were watering. One of the roots jumped up and grabbed me. Did the ninja roll but aggravated that shoulder that's been bothering me since summer. I'll know better after a few days. Makes me glad I'm racing XC in WI tomorrow.

Eh. I've taken plenty of tumbles at Eagle Creek. Rub some dirt on it.