3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

June 2015 Race Thread (Read 17 times)

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

On another note, the cubs ran another 5k Friday night.  Was very happy and impressed with the work they put in this Spring.  The 8 yo boy put down a 21:17 and the 10 yo girl ran a 23:15.  They were very excited and had a great time out there.

Awesome. I can't even keep up with a 10 yo girl. 

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Not great from me - I got held up at work so that was the 800m out.  Then 9:44.4 for the 3000m.  I wasn't feeling terrific so I just went steady to win our B string vets race.  Something like 3:17, 3:20, 3:07 for the km's.  Managed a 69.5-70 second last lap so that was OK for me.

kcam

Pretty awful this morning.  Just didn't feel it.  5:24 for a PW.  I was not happy so I forced myself to run the 800 which started about 7 minutes after the 1500.  Ran a 2:42.  Man I've fallen off the cliff.

Just a dude.

Pretty awful this morning.  Just didn't feel it.  5:24 for a PW.  I was not happy so I forced myself to run the 800 which started about 7 minutes after the 1500.  Ran a 2:42.  Man I've fallen off the cliff.

Bummer man. Maybe time to switch it up and get refreshed?

Or maybe just a bad day?

Of course, 7 minutes of rest even after a mediocre 1500 is not much at all...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

kcam

Maybe just a bad day ...  seem to have a LOT of those lately though!  Don't get me wrong - It's all good and I'm thankful to be able to compete.

Race 2: Toughman WI 70..3

6/20

1.2mi swim, 56 mi bike, 13.1 mi (trail) run

Goal: <4:50

Tough one to gauge here.  I'm hoping to have a combined swim/run time of less than 2 hr.  If I do a <40 min swim and run the half in 1:20 give or take a minute, I'll be good.  In the back of my mind, I'd like to avg 22 mph which would put the bike split at 2:30:00.  We'll see though, I may back off of the bike split so that I'm not toast when it comes time for the run.  Temp and wind conditions will play a huge factor into whether I hit 4:30's or am closer to 4:50.

Wow, that was one tough race. Bombed the run for a 4:55:27 finish. 11 in AG and 36 OA. Pretty happy with the swim/bike splits. 35:31 (1:41/100yd) on the swim and 2:34:05 (22.1 mph) on the bike. The last 8 miles of the bike were into a stiff wind and it just completely zapped me. Started off the run with a really steep hill. Once I got going, I was cruising along comfortably at a 630 pace. Hit a steep downhill right before mile 4 and both hammies cramped up on me. Took a couple of minutes to recover from that and I took off again. Kept it 700 per mile for the next few and then the slowdown started. Tried keeping water and gatorade going but just couldn't stomach any more. Finished the run out with a 1:42:09.

Wow.. great result!

Cant imagine doing anything for almost 5 hours. I'm impressed that you stuck with it. It sounds incredibly difficult.

Wow, that was one tough race. Bombed the run for a 4:55:27 finish. 11 in AG and 36 OA. Pretty happy with the swim/bike splits. 35:31 (1:41/100yd) on the swim and 2:34:05 (22.1 mph) on the bike. The last 8 miles of the bike were into a stiff wind and it just completely zapped me. Started off the run with a really steep hill. Once I got going, I was cruising along comfortably at a 630 pace. Hit a steep downhill right before mile 4 and both hammies cramped up on me. Took a couple of minutes to recover from that and I took off again. Kept it 700 per mile for the next few and then the slowdown started. Tried keeping water and gatorade going but just couldn't stomach any more. Finished the run out with a 1:42:09.

And we run because we like it
                Through the broad bright land