3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who had a good workout this week? (Read 2359 times)

Village people

I am taking a pretty tough swim class geared towards triathletes. I spent most of yesterday trying to talk myself out of going. I sucked it up and killed that class. As much as I could from lane 1. I wasn't on fire but I could have kept going.

I am taking a pretty tough swim class geared towards triathletes. I spent most of yesterday trying to talk myself out of going. I sucked it up and killed that class. As much as I could from lane 1. I wasn't on fire but I could have kept going.

Ugh, the SWIM...always feels good when you have those sessions where you could just keep going. What are you training for this year?  Did my first Olympic distance last fall.  No tri's this year though. Looking at the Duathlon instead.

Village people

Ugh, the SWIM...always feels good when you have those sessions where you could just keep going. What are you training for this year?  Did my first Olympic distance last fall.  No tri's this year though. Looking at the Duathlon instead.

Maybe a 10 mile relay. Nothing really.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

So far, it has been a good year. My annual goal is 2000 miles. To date, I have run 405 miles this year:

January: 200.2 mi

February: 205.5 mi

That is an average 6.9 miles per day.

Last time I pulled two 200+ mile months in a row, it was January 2011. Been 6 years. And I am feeling good.

Onward!

200+ miles for the month.

Been nearly 3 years since I clocked that much. And I feel good.

Onward!

DoppleBock

Nice ... You'd almost say "Consistent"

Since being afraid of "The Monkeys" and sitting on the sidelines, I am in the middle of my 14th week straight.  Most since June 2013.  I am hoping to find my old guy groove.

My running fantasy is that I still have some stuff to do (Times) that I have not done before.  What I have going for me is that I never raced < 200#.  I believe I could weigh 175# ... could ~ But again that is a fantasy.  I have not weighed under 200 since I was 20.  Part of that is years of weightlifting ~ Some of it is not.

So far, it has been a good year. My annual goal is 2000 miles. To date, I have run 405 miles this year:

Last time I pulled two 200+ mile months in a row, it was January 2011. Been 6 years. And I am feeling good.

Onward!

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Feeling the growl again

Onward!

Very nice.  I really NEED to hit 200.  I set my yearly goal at 2500.  Work has sucked recently and I have motivation issues to fit in the run, though the diet is going better.  But I need both.  I COULD have run today…but my 5-yr-old son elected to stay home from evening activities with his mother/sisters because he wanted to spend time with me, and I got home late, so instead of blowing him off to run from when I got home until his bed time I've played a game with him, read him a couple books, and am now hanging out on the couch.

I'm thinking of saying F it and trying to start getting out the door before 6 as long as Toto isn't flying by again.  If I could block off my work calendar until 9 this would be so much easier but alas...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I'm thinking of saying F it and trying to start getting out the door before 6 as long as Toto isn't flying by again.  If I could block off my work calendar until 9 this would be so much easier but alas...

That's the problem we have. If we don't run in the morning, it usually doesn't happen.  Things are getting easier but we still have to make a routine.

C-R

Even with teenagers I find only morning or lunch runs work for me. Evenings are just shot. That being said I had a great workout yesterday at Umstead in Raleigh. Man those Trails beat me up in such a good way. Looking forward to going again

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

DoppleBock

I am calling last night a good workout ... I was trying to work remotely from my daughter's volleyball clinic and having issues ... Once I got to the local YMCA at that side of town I had 40 minutes ... ran 4.5 miles with 17 minute Tempo ... averaged 7:45 pace.

It might be sad to say 17 minutes at 7:45 pace was a good workout, but it was and I managed to squeeze it in when it was the only time I would be able to do it.  I had to go back and work 8-11pm after I got her home.

At the rate I am making improvement ... by New Year's Eve I should be cranking our 6:00 pace or under.  A slow road ... but it is fun to see improvement.

I am actually trying to get in shape prior to Monkey 2017 - God willing I will still be running and can say ... I have been running 51 weeks straight by then.

Feeling the growl again

Even with teenagers I find only morning or lunch runs work for me. Evenings are just shot. That being said I had a great workout yesterday at Umstead in Raleigh. Man those Trails beat me up in such a good way. Looking forward to going again

Yeah.  Last night, wife took girls to evening activities.  My son refused to go, said he wanted to stay and spend time with me (age 5).  What am I going to do, ignore the boy?  No, I've been working a lot and not been around much, so we had a good time.  Tonight, my oldest had her "boyfriend" over (4th grade).  So I gave in and had a nerf gun war against them so he would understand I am an impeccable shot and utterly ruthless Wink

So I'm looking forward to a couple good, long runs this weekend.  Need to make some changes to family expectations to get the morning thing working.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

DoppleBock

Trent ... still rolling I see ...

It might be weird for you to get to the start line of Quest for the Crest and think "I am trained for this" ...

I actually pray for God help to keep me on this good wave of training - I feel blessed every time I can and want to run.  I am looking forward to turning my mid-week long run into a mid-week long trail run ... soon.

DoppleBock

spaniel - 4th grader with a boy friend ... ugh!  I am lucky so far ... Actually I hope my 16 year old will get a boyfriend soon ... she is really shy around boys.  My 12 year old can wait a couple of more years ... she is not so shy around boys - But is usually playing football or parking lot hockey with them.

C-R

So I'm looking forward to a couple good, long runs this weekend.  Need to make some changes to family expectations to get the morning thing working.

Instead a of decent long run you got to run slow on trails with us on Sunday. Was a good time though.

Not a good workout comment for me but a consistency comment. 5 weeks of more than 30 mpw for me. I may be turning a corner.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

DoppleBock

Could almost call it some momentum

Instead a of decent long run you got to run slow on trails with us on Sunday. Was a good time though.

Not a good workout comment for me but a consistency comment. 5 weeks of more than 30 mpw for me. I may be turning a corner.

DoppleBock

Nice lunch run ... 22 minutes @ LAT which today for my fat ass was

* 10 minutes @ 7.7MPH

* 5 minutes @ 7.8 MPH

* 5 minutes @ 7.9 MPH

* 2 minutes @ 8.0 MPH

From how it felt - I had crossed over to faster than LAT at 8.0 MPH.  I am hoping to start next week @ 7.9 MPH if I can actually treat my body good from now until then.  I have a stretch goal of making 6:30 pace by June 1st. I started with a 12 minute tempo @ 9:41 pace in December - So it is nice to see progress.