3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

July 110% Throwdown (Read 825 times)

C-R

Alright. This thing started in the push up thread but let's give it's own thread.

This is a July stunt. The rules are pretty simple. Take your highest mileage month and get 10% extra (round up - this is the Hurtlocker after all). Awards will be provided in beer by me and there will be more than one category.

You high mileage junkies get a break and we'll say take your highest mileage month over the past 12 months.

So who's in?

And TedsHead - we hope you'll join this stunt. I'm sure a former 2:30 marathoner can run 102 miles in July. That is if I read your log properly. Wink

<caption>July Throwdown</caption>
    The Stunt Crew: Past High New High Week 1* Week 2 Week 3 Week 4** Total
    CR 301 331 67.9 45.5  64  44  221.4 Embarrassed 
    HappyFeet 178 250  64  34 49.3  52.9  200.4  
    Spaniel 300 332 102.2 77.8  77.6   * Went on IR - heal up quick Black eye 
    Mgerwn 175 200         Out due to injured achillies  Black eye 
    Burnt Toast TBD            
    Trent 315 350          
    Beef 100 110          
    TeaOlive 313 344 87.5  36.5  63.8  55.1  242.9  
    WhoDatRunner 250 275          
    GregC 310 340 68.6  84.1  73.3  115  341.1 Eight ball 
    Willamona TBD            
    PFetro TBD            
    Hacker2000 200 220         220.2 Cool 
    DB en 600 120  128 158    520  
    WlatRb 198 211  62.9 46.8  49.8    211 - Super! 
    Hoppity TBD           221 - Nice for IR

* Weeks run from M-S but week one includes July1

** Week 4 will include 7/30 & 31

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Damn, I'd bee in if I wasn't coming off an overuse injury. Can I use the highest monthly mileage since the injury?

This is the Hurtlocker, why did I even ask that? I'm so ashamed and clearly not worthy of this throwdown right now.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

HappyFeet, Past highest month 178, Nothing less than 250 is acceptable (~65 MPW  - gulp)

Feeling the growl again

Alright dude, you know I am not one to back down from a stupid stunt but the 12-month thing and the 2-against-1 December stupidity makes this a bit over the top even for me...

557 miles X 110% = ~613 miles

I started the year with the goal of averaging 300 miles/mo.  So far I have not even hit that once.  300 miles would be >10% over what I have run in any month recenly EXCEPT December.  Good enough?  Given that I just about passed out on a 6 mile run at a humid 77 degrees and this will be July in Indiana, I think that's a decent challenge.

MTA:  Just checked my log.  I have not hit 300 miles in the past year except last December.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Crappity-crap -- this one is juicy, but June and the front half of July are my down-time before spooling up for Richmond.

But I can support harass Happyfeet!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Highest month ever was 175, way back in Sept 2010.  So 110% puts me at 192.5 193. OK, 200

Reasons why I shouldn't even try this.  

- I haven't hit 100 miles since August of last year. 

- I'll need to average just under 43 miles per week for the month.  My total for all of June isn't even that high yet..

- I will be on a plane to Japan & Taiwan on the afternoon of the 27th.  I have no idea what running I'll be able to do while in those countries. 

I'm in. 

MTA:  Damnit, spaniel.  Fine.  200.

Feeling the growl again

Highest month ever was 175, way back in Sept 2010.  So 110% puts me at 192.5 193. 

Reasons why I shouldn't even try this.  

- I haven't hit 100 miles since August of last year. 

- I'll need to average just under 43 miles per week for the month.  My total for all of June isn't even that high yet..

- I will be on a plane to Japan & Taiwan on the afternoon of the 27th.  I have no idea what running I'll be able to do while in those countries. 

I'm in. 

C'mon man, just round that up to 200.... Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Prince of Fatness

Not sure what my highest month ever was.  Around 250 I think.  Well, I am not running 275 miles in July.  I am fat, out of shape, and still dealing with injuries.

Spaniel when I come out for the beer mile if you need to get in a 20 miler go ahead.  Just leave me access to the keg.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Spaniel when I come out for the beer mile if you need to get in a 20 miler go ahead.  Just leave me access to the keg.

Dude, I'll pad the log on either side.  I'll probably take a vacation day so we can just go around drinking beer.

Prince of Fatness

Dude, I'll pad the log on either side.  I'll probably take a vacation day so we can just go around drinking beer.

I always had the impression that your priorities were in order.

Not at it at all. 

DoppleBock

Not I

March was 826 - I am not running - 908 in July.

Lots of Family vacation ~ It would be a miracle if I get > 500 miles = 60.5%

In the spirit of shared Pain - I will try to get 600 - That would be a long shot and stupid.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

an amazing likeness

Norm...July ?  That's rugged. Especially for you mid westerners.

Are you sure you wouldn't consider changing to 125% of normal beer consumption and matching highest miles month from last 3 years....

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

an amazing likeness

Driving from NJ to Indiana to run a mile...I find your repeated attempts to feign interest around obsessive running events amusing and worthy of skepticism.  Wink

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

May 2009 - 315.4 miles

x 110% = 346.94

Solid maybe.

Ostrich runner

I am 100% sure I will do 110% of any month so far this year.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum