3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

November Racing Thread (Read 716 times)

Last-minute, but ...

NameDateDistanceRaceLocationGoalResult
     CliveF  11/22  5k  Strong, Focused, Soon-To-Be-Stuffed  H'ville NC  Top 5  

Hoping no sharks show up.

Result = WIN!  Time was around 19:48. Not the strongest field ever assembled, but ~225 people, including a handful of triathletes capable of 1:35-ish HMs, and a couple high-school runners.  Felt really cool to compete, rather than racing for time.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

C-R

Result = WIN!  Time was around 19:48. Not the strongest field ever assembled, but ~225 people, including a handful of triathletes capable of 1:35-ish HMs, and a couple high-school runners.  Felt really cool to compete, rather than racing for time.

Awesome Clive. Congrats.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

#artbydmcbride

Woohooo!  Winner winner turkey dinner!!   Congrats Clive!

Runners run

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Congrats Clive!

steph  

Great work Clive. Must feel awesome. Side note: I met joe Gibbs at the bojangles in huntersville one time. True story.
            Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
            We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
            WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Damn Clive. A 20 minute PR and a Win! You're tearing it up.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Run Santa Run 5k

New Milford, CT

11/24

17:30

I thought I was done racing this year too, but I put 17:30 as a goal back in January, and by Fuck that IS going down this year. (plus my kid's cub scout den is manning the water station, so I'm driving there anyway).

I've run 17:46, 17:42, 18:21 (blech), and 17:42 this year. Time to blow it out and put it to bed.

17:33, 2OA, PR

Windy as a mf'er out there. My kid's cub scout den was manning the water station, so I had to take a water. Sure that cost me the 3 stupid seconds for this goal, but I'd do it again to see that smile.

Windy as a mf'er out there. My kid's cub scout den was manning the water station, so I had to take a water. Sure that cost me the 3 stupid seconds for this goal, but I'd do it again to see that smile.

Nicely done sir.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Slo

F'in Eh!

Nice race, Kevin!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Very good, Kevin.   Especially the water stop.

steph  

Just saw this.  Congrats on the WIN!  What a good way to start out the long Holiday weekend.

C-R

Sweet!

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

kcam

Nice on the 17:33.  The water stop could definitely have cost you some seconds but ya did the right thing!  He was probably prouder than you can imagine to see his dad running 2nd.

Thanks. Yeah, he was happy, but he'd probably fit in here - I got a "so, why didn't you win?" at least once from him.

Oh, and official results came back at 17:35.