3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

2013 Goals (Read 465 times)

What mileage is the bunny going to track toward? 4,000? 5,000?

Well comeon - You gotta set your sights higher than the "Other" group - Maybe 2013 miles in 2013. 

I thought I said 2013 miilage tracker for 2013 but I guess I wasn't clear. Yours would then be 4026 as most here are mere mortals

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

My mile suggests I really haven't figured out the 5k yet. And that's what I've set my sights on for 2013. 100% 5k focused, chipping to sub 17 would be the goal.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
      We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

#artbydmcbride

That will be fun to watch, Gville  Smile

Runners run

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Goals for 2013

1. Run more miles

2. Run faster

3. lose weight

4. PR at all distances

That's it...I don't want to get greedy!  Big grin

I like this.  Ilene thanks for doing my thinking for me !!

("All distances" stops at 26.2 for me, BTW Wink)

My only real goal for 2013 is to get and stay healthy.

If I accomplish that, some other goals that have been on hold for 2 years should become feasible again.

My mile suggests I really haven't figured out the 5k yet. And that's what I've set my sights on for 2013. 100% 5k focused, chipping to sub 17 would be the goal.

<18 for me. That is all. 

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

-  Lose the weight that I had planned to loose this year and didn't.

-  As well as loose the weight that I gained this year Sad

-  Finish at Umstead. 

-  Do Monkey again.  < 4:00 this time.

-  Run more than this year.

steph  

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

- Sub-3 marathon

- Sub-18 5K

- Train really hard for my goals

- Stop pussying out of my Core exercises

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

C-R

This one is now sticky and at the top of the forum.

We will keep each other accountable. Heh.

Let the beatings begin (you have a month to get ready)

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Ostrich runner

Log my runs. Really, 2013 miles is as good a goal as any. That'll be a very difficult goal for me, and one that would lead to many subjectively fantastic races. But really, I'd just be happy with a little consistency and having information to base 2014 off of. 

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Prince of Fatness

I am still dealing with my back / hip / leg issues and am really not in a position to make up any goals.

That said, even though I turn 50 next year I have still not given up on racing entirely.  I just need to take it one day at a time.  What I can do that is in my power is drop some weight and be diligent with the core work.  I'll start there.

I probably should be more specific..

My goal for 2013 is to try and figure out how to train consistently without breaking down.  In the past couple of years just when it has looked like I had turned the corner my leg would go numb during hard efforts.  I believe that I have chronic tightness / muscle imbalance (this is nothing that you have not heard me say before).  I have officially given up trying to find a "cure" and instead am going to see if I can come up with a way to manage it.

This is where the core work and weight loss come in.  I am doing well with the core work but really have sucked at the weight loss.  This has to do with my piss poor attitude which is a result of being beaten down the last couple of years.  I have got to get over that shit and this will be my biggest challenge.  To run well I need to weigh less.  Period.

The other issue which I am trying to address is the constant sitting.  To combat this I walk a half hour during lunch.  There is something else that I am trying that I will not divulge because I do not know if it will work.  I will share this after some time.

As for running itself, I am going to plan on running every day but I am sure that will not happen.  In the past when I was pressed for time running took priority over core work.  Going forward it will be the other way around.  I may run 2013 miles or I may not.  I am not going to pay attention to it.

Damn that is some good rambling right there.

MTA:  The above was my attempt of explaining why I really do not have any specific racing goals.  If, how, and when I race will be dependent on how I do with the above.

Not at it at all. 

Sub 18 5k.

Sounds like there are a few of us going for this.  

I think i'm the farthest behind at this point.  Basically 2012 was a total bust from a running standpoint, broken pelvis in January, broken knee in July it just sucked. When I got hurt at the very end of 2011 I was running really well and was planning on gunning for a sub 18 in the spring.  This year I wont' be thinking about that number until the fall.

Kalsarikännit

1. Take a minute off of my 5k. 2. Not only finish the 145 mile Grand Union Canal Race, but be competitive there. 3. Stop all the racing (which is my biggest downfall) that only leads me to interrupt good training to race and recover, and actually train for a fast marathon. Somewhere in the 3:12 range. 4. Kick ass at the Krispy Kreme Challenge. Yeah, I really said that.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Feeling the growl again

Roughly in chronological order...

1.  Get my weight back down to 147

2.  Run my fastest marathon since 2006 (<2:38, but really looking for considerably faster but am not anchoring on a time)

3.  Finish a 50-miler (and <6:20)

4.  Sub-33 10K

5.  Sub-16 5K

6.  Sub-1:13 HM

7.  Enjoyable 4th Annual Spaniel Farms Beer Mile with some RA friends (and sub-6:50)

8.  Nail a fast 50-miler (sub-5:50)

9.  What the hell, 3650 miles for 2013.  Probably the most necessary for all the others to happen.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

7.  Enjoyable 4th Annual Spaniel Farms Beer Mile with some RA friends (and sub-6:50)

Don't fucking tempt me.

Not at it at all.