3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

October Racing Thread (Read 1318 times)

Hey Nader, thanks for asking.  I'm starting to feel good physically now that the training volume is lower.  Mentally I'm a mix of excitement and nervousness.

How you feeling Tony?  Ready to go?

Sounds like you're ready to go then!

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Mentally I'm a mix of excitement and nervousness.

And it continues to build!  Good luck this weekend Tony!

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

TeaOlive     Broad Street Ramble 10k        Oct. 29      Augusta Ga.    51:30.

steph  

What the hell...

10/29/11

St. Thomas School 5K

Sanford, ME

PR

Absolutely no pressure.  Given that I ran a marathon less than two weeks ago, I have every reason to blow up after going out hard like I plan.  However, sometimes it's fun to try to accomplish something you have no business attempting!

Goals for 2013: sub 18 5K; stay healthy

Feeling the growl again

Given that I ran a marathon less than two weeks ago, I have every reason to blow up after going out hard like I plan.  

A lot of people surprise themselves at 5K after a marathon.  GIVE IT.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Sorry spaniel..changing the venue on you because I found out a good friend is running this one. Same date and distance. Pumpkin Run 5K Yarmouth, ME

L Train

Sorry spaniel..changing the venue on you because I found out a good friend is running this one. Same date and distance. Pumpkin Run 5K Yarmouth, ME

Boo.  Hope to meet you at another race, Jeff.  Good luck in Yarmouth.

Nope. Worst course direction I have ever seen. Wrong turns cost me the win and an extra 300m at least. I'm still pretty POd. I usually don't yell at people, and I think that's what makes me feel worse than anything. I refuse to acknowledge the time from this race....

Feeling the growl again

Nope. Worst course direction I have ever seen. Wrong turns cost me the win and an extra 300m at least. I'm still pretty POd. I usually don't yell at people, and I think that's what makes me feel worse than anything. I refuse to acknowledge the time from this race....

That sucks.  Myself and pfetro went 1st/2nd in a 5K here last summer, we probably ran an extra 300m or so....up a hill...no turn marker.

At least it was "only" a 5K, not that that helps with the wasted time and money...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I think my stupid Achilles is healed now, and good things are coming my way.

CliveF -- 10/29 -- Fall Harvest 5k -- sub-21 and remember how to race

Well, not as exciting as Tony's race today must be, but ...

20:55.  Considering the nine months preceding this race, I'll call it a success.  It took me a while to find what I could partially identify as "5k pace effort", but I clung to it as best I could.  Got passed late by a grey-haired dude and just couldn't hold onto him.  He took my AG by 4sec; 15OA, 2AG.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Prince of Fatness

20:55.  Considering the nine months preceding this race, I'll call it a success.

Nice result considering the layoff.  Looks like you are getting back on track.  Congrats!

Not at it at all. 

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

My garmin time:  51:09:32.  PR for me.  

Official time: 51:08:4.  

High note:  Over all winner a young woman.  

She ran track for UGA.  Official time: 34:59:4.

steph  

Feeling the growl again

I think I got everyone who updated.

I'm not one for giving out the beer to someone doing a long ass race just because it's a long ass race.  With that on record, the beer this month goes to Tony for his Ironman, despite him technically missing his goal.  Anyone can set a soft goal and float under it.  It looks to me like Tony put down an awesome effort and finished impressively with a very solid marathon at the end.  Credit is also given the the type and consistency of training I observed going into it.

Hell, I may buy him two beers.

Congrats, Tony!

Thanks Spaniel! I appreciate the congrats and the beer!

I think I got everyone who updated.

I'm not one for giving out the beer to someone doing a long ass race just because it's a long ass race.  With that on record, the beer this month goes to Tony for his Ironman, despite him technically missing his goal.  Anyone can set a soft goal and float under it.  It looks to me like Tony put down an awesome effort and finished impressively with a very solid marathon at the end.  Credit is also given the the type and consistency of training I observed going into it.

Hell, I may buy him two beers.

Congrats, Tony!