3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Stupid bunny (Read 241 times)

If I were at a different point that would make sense.  But I still have unresolved aggressions towards my treadmills the marathon and 50M distances.  I need to put in the necessary work or I would be as well off to kick back, gain a few lbs, and enjoy more of my beer stash.

I have been watching the changes you are making and I am hopeful that they will be a refreshing change for you.  For driven personalities it is too easy to get stuck in the trap of putting your head down and grinding and grinding.  Been there done that.

FTFY.

I have no idea if I'll get to 3650 as my prior best year was 2,610 (2011).  All I really care about is healthy running and making progress towards my times.  I really don't care about an electronic bunny either but if it's a challenge from CR or one of you other yahoo's, then that's a different story.

After chasing speed last year and ending up a bit hurt for the first time ever, I'd be happy if I get my highest mileage year, I think 1900 would do it, not sure of the exact number I'd need, but targeting 180 miles a month (6 miles a day) if I fall behind one month like this month so far, plan to make it up the next.

Feeling the growl again

FTFY.

I have no idea if I'll get to 3650 as my prior best year was 2,610 (2011).  All I really care about is healthy running and making progress towards my times.  I really don't care about an electronic bunny either but if it's a challenge from CR or one of you other yahoo's, then that's a different story.

Ha, good FTFY.

Well, the bunny is just one psychological trick towards an end....not stunting or miles for sake of miles for me.  I'm irritated that this week has been just trying to get the miles in without workouts as these winter bugs have me down and out.

My head is so fuzzy I can't trust myself to work on anything important at the office...I can't hardly put two thoughts together or finish a spoken sentence it seems...but I've got my bag of running clothes here for lunch hour.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

#artbydmcbride

I ran in the cold drizzlyness!  Blush

Runners run

DoppleBock

1st week of training for me - I am already fighting the urge to run more miles.  Luckily this weekend is 2 days of downhill skiing and I will only have time for a couple of short easy runs in the morning.

Hopefully I am able to stay below 100 a week for January.  That is the goal.

Nice consistent boring running - None of this binge running or big binge workouts.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

I'm irritated that this week has been just trying to get the miles in without workouts as these winter bugs have me down and out.

My head is so fuzzy I can't trust myself to work on anything important at the office...I can't hardly put two thoughts together or finish a spoken sentence it seems...but I've got my bag of running clothes here for lunch hour.

That pretty much describes the entire last week for me, too. It sucks. I've just been slogging through as best I can because that's all I've had the energy for. Finally today I got a halfass decent run in, more out of stubborn pigheadedness than being truly healthy. I'll probably regret it, but I do not care.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Ack...can't hardly and could care less.  You 'mericans confuse me.

I hope the winter lurgy buggers off soon Greg and Spaniel.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Feeling the growl again

Well shit, I just didn't feel it today but I think the rest is already helping.

Watch your ass, furball.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Village people

Poor bunny.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Ah, aren't ya supposed to skin them first Confused

steph  

Ah, aren't ya supposed to skin them first Confused

Not if you want the flava.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Stupid little furball jumped way ahead after last week.

I knew I wasn't seeing things! Early this morning, I thought the furball was at 713.x but then later on he was at 714.x. I thought my memory was going. Now he's at 715.3. Little guy spends all day running, apparently. Don't ask me why I checked multiple times a day...

The fact that it was programmed to run all day (or hour by hour, i assume) is hilarious...and awesome.