3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

2018 Hurtlocker Race Calendar & Race Times (Read 32 times)

kcam

Good race, CR.  I figure that when racing a marathon, within 90 or so seconds of your goal is a pretty well-run race.  Also, props are due for just getting the f*&*& out there and racing a freaking marathon.  I would cry like a little baby at the thought of racing 26.2 miles right now.

kcam

4/8 - 10mile road race  Goal <1:09.  Raced a 10miler on 3/3 in 1:09:18 so this would be a bit of an improvement since then.

DoppleBock

Tuesday I played @ 2 1/2 hour of volleyball with my 7th grader at adult volleyball night at the YMCA (They let kids play as long as they are good)

Tweaked my calf - Could not put weight on my toes at all until today.  It is still pretty sore and wanky ... I am pulling the plug on the 25k trail race ... It would be plain stupid to risk shredding the calf.  I will do Eliptical today to see if I can even do that.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Bummer DB. Recover wisely.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Just a dude.

Ugh. That sucks DB. I hope it comes around soon...

(Cool for you to be playing with your kids so long though... )

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

C-R

Smart call DB. Crap don't heal so well once you get older. Take it from me.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

** 4/14 5k Race Result -----> 22:31

Race director cut race short after 1+ mile loop due to oncoming storm that never happened!
                I continued on as all others had turned to the finish line, and it was tough running alone. I'm happy with the result, but not with my poor pacing....6:41, 7:28, 8:21

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Just a dude.

April 21st - Healthy Parks Healthy People 5k 

The course is more like cross country than a road race. (In fact, it is the site of one of my most frustrating races ever in high school...  Wink

MTA - Ok, ran the course last night. It is very hilly, mostly either loose dirt or rocky lumpy stuff. My goal is sub 23:15, and that feels really aggressive.

-Kelly

Ended up 23:20. Body felt pretty good. I was out of breath from almost the beginning... /shrug

I was 2nd overall - It was a very low key race...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

C-R

A little late but good racing Ricky.

Well done Kelly. It's a brick in the wal.

I tweaked my back so cancelling my Glass City Marathon tomorrow. Not very Hurtlockerish but I have bigger plans.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Ice Breaker 3 Mile - Great Falls, Montana 4/22

17:44 for 1st in my age group, and 8th overall.  I ran this in just over 20 last year, so I'm happy with the improvement.  Mostly good, consistent mileage since December.  Oh yeah, great weather helped out, as well.

Well done mtrunr! Thought with all that mileage you've been putting down you should run faster than previous times.

Thanks C-R! Only gonna get better, like mtrunr I hope.

***New race coming up: Strawberry Stride 5k Portland,TN  - Goal: Sub 22:00

Ricky

Thank you, pRED.  Yeah, the weather here has finally turned.  The race went as I hoped it would.  The mileage has gotten to the point of running in the Zone.  Of course, that mileage has helped with the weight.  There is no doubt that it was easier to keep a faster pace at 139lbs, as opposed to the high 160's.

You'll continue to see the same with your results, I'm sure.  You've done a fantastic job with dropped those Lbs. at an acceptable rate.  I know that's been a key with me.  Keeping the loss at a slow and steady rate.  After a few months, it's amazing where it ends up, and without the loss of endurance and strength.

Good Luck at the Strawberry Stride!

Well done mtrunr! Thought with all that mileage you've been putting down you should run faster than previous times.

Thanks C-R! Only gonna get better, like mtrunr I hope.

***New race coming up: Strawberry Stride 5k Portland,TN  - Goal: Sub 22:00

Wanted to add mtrunr that your time gives me hope that I will be able to run sub-18 again at this age!

Ricky

Wanted to add mtrunr that your time gives me hope that I will be able to run sub-18 again at this age!

Why not...

After all - —our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic.

It was so available and so obviously true, I had to use it.

Once I noticed that others were doing it at this age, I began to believe it was possible to do so, with a few lifestyle changes (especially eating habits and a more dedicated approach to my workout plan.) I'm on my way.

Good one! Smile

I was just doubting my physiological potential to run as fast as I did 10 years ago. Though I could have possibly gone sub-17 if I had continued running, and not fallen off the wagon.

Ricky