3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

A Random Thought While Running... (Read 673 times)

5 Vulture 

Don't you freaks race?!?!?  Cripes.

And there's this for the racing...

On the 5 Vulture...the wife picked up a 6-pack of this for me in December.  Wasn't sure what to expect with the chiles in it but it fits well for racing as it has a little spicyness to it.  It was different from the usual ales (Goose Island Honkers, Two Brother's Domain DuPage and Fat Tire) that I usually like but still pretty good.

A Saucy Wench

Well now this is a good topic and I must agree with spaniel on the shower image issue as I have met both WG and Slo IRL. Sorry Slo Smile

That being said, what beers work for me? Hmmm tough one but I will give it a shot.

Easy- Guiness because it goes down the hatch so easy.

Long- Guiness simply put - it has staying power.

MP- Guiness as it does have some steady taste.

Intervals- Guiness as it helps with the kick.

Incline/Hill- Guiness as it is worth the climb.

Progression Tempo- Guiness since it always seems to be consumed faster as the evening wears on.

Recovery- Guiness cause its chocked full of all the things you need to get ready to run tomorrow.

Well there you have it. Now all I need is to visit Dublin.

I Like C-R

Except I'm going to alternate Guinness with Monkey Face.  I've desired less variety in my beers as time wears on

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

A Saucy Wench

Bass.  That's what I was trying to think of.  I wonder what they think of Black and Tans over there.

You do know that that old antique rifle hanging in my living room is a family heirloom related to Irishmen uprising, right?

I'm not a mixed drink fan but I read an Irish novel once that had all kinds of Guinness based mixed drinks.  It intrigues me.  Guinness and raspberry liqueur was one that sounded particularly good. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Ostrich runner

It is right across the street from my gym.  I haven't been there in something like 6 or 7 years.  I'm not much of a cider person.  I'm not opposed to them, but they do nothing for me.  I know they have been around forever and there are some good ones, but every time I think of ciders I think of 20-something chicks that drink Woodchuck because they think beer is "icky".

That impression, I think, is generally appropriate. These really don't have anything in common with the Woodchuck variety beyond being made from apples. They were a different thing entirely. 

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Ostrich runner

IKR. Being a Villa fan and now my boys club is the Wolves Indiana junior program, I seem destined to be stuck at the bottom half of the table.

and I hear Bartles and James has some good drinks for ya Beef.

Hey, I'm a Hibs fan, so I'm a glutton for punishment. 15 years ago we used to mix wine coolers with moonshine. Other than the decade of GI problems, it worked pretty well.

C-R

but every time I think of ciders I think of 20-something chicks that drink Woodchuck because they think beer is "icky".

swoon

Just another reason the ladies in the Hurtlocker are Bad to the Bone (Yeah I know but I like GT & DDs so piss off)

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

C-R

Hey, I'm a Hibs fan, so I'm a glutton for punishment. 15 years ago we used to mix wine coolers with moonshine. Other than the decade of GI problems, it worked pretty well.

That is messed up on several levels. Do not tell people in KY you mix anything with your shine. You might not make it back.

Hibs? Heh. At least their kit looks cool. Unlike Celtic which looks like some freaking bumble bee on crack.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Kalsarikännit

I like DDs 

Typical guy.  Roll eyes

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Ostrich runner

That is messed up on several levels. Do not tell people in KY you mix anything with your shine. You might not make it back.

Hibs? Heh. At least their kit looks cool. Unlike Celtic which looks like some freaking bumble bee on crack.

KY people are cute, but they aren't capable of getting half as necked out as we did in Western NC. Also, we were talking about when I was 18. By 22, we were making and running our own scald cat. We'd save a few bottles white and mix the rest with all sorts of local fruits and berries. 

The worst is hearing Celtic supporters get excited about their ugly tops. Hibs used to have better sponsors before some rule changes. It used to be that they were almost always beer or whisky. 

C-R

Typical guy.  Roll eyes

I thought everyone was a fan of the Detroit Destroyers. Big grin

C-R

KY people are cute, but they aren't capable of getting half as necked out as we did in Western NC. Also, we were talking about when I was 18. By 22, we were making and running our own scald cat. We'd save a few bottles white and mix the rest with all sorts of local fruits and berries. 

The worst is hearing Celtic supporters get excited about their ugly tops. Hibs used to have better sponsors before some rule changes. It used to be that they were almost always beer or whisky. 

That's so sweet. Usn's in AL built my first still in 9th grade advanced chemistry class. We used muscadines or crab apples for some added flavor. Perhaps we need to see if we can build something for the Hoosiers.

BTW - Discovery channel or A&E (forget which one but its 120 on Uverse) has a show called Moonshiners. VA Appalachian hills. Damn funny show.

Alcohol is needed for watching SPL games and required if attending.

Alright everybody. Let's get pissed.

Ostrich runner

The funny thing is that alcohol theoretically wasn't allowed at matches. I lived 7 blocks from the stadium and it was always a personal challenge to see how many big cans of Tennent's Super we could chug down and still be upright through the turnstiles. For derbies, we were required to walk on different streets, but we'd always meet right before we entered. Good times.

Feeling the growl again

Heh.  Wish I would have kept my still from college just for the memories.  "Pineapple Asskicker" was our favorite.  I still have a couple swallows if anyone is man enough....that and some real NC stuff that likely only beef can stomach.

My buddy's wife is from Kentucky.  They must be real natives because her sister was arrested last week for cooking meth.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I don't drink protein drinks, I eat large slabs of dead animal. Wink

That's even weirder. Who takes a steak into the shower?