3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Lifting Thread (Read 602 times)

Feeling the growl again

OK all my benchmarks:

Pushups 32
    Pullups 2 - shoulder on the mend?
    Full dips 4.5 then I couldnt control the swinging
    Bicep 25 lb - 11, 30 lb 2
    Parallel wall sit - 2 min (was I bored or done?)
    Straight leg hanging abs - 20. 

I must say those are pretty good numbers.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

A Saucy Wench

Thanks!  I'm pretty happy with how things progressed the last several weeks.  I was doing a more traditional weight program before and not making much progress and switched to a more circuit varied program and made gains, but I am not sure if I was just finally cashing in the hardcore program. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Prince of Fatness

Ennay, remind me to never get in a fight with you.  Thanks.

Not at it at all. 

Are those base line numbers from a single workout, dips after pushups to failure are impressive

My Baseline today

Bicep - 25 X 15, 30 X 5.

Pushups - 53 (was going for 60)

Wall sit - 2:00 

Plank - 2:00

Can't do the others at home.  Will see if I can get to the gym this evening.

A Saucy Wench

Are those base line numbers from a single workout, dips after pushups to failure are impressive

I did them all this morning, but I took a LOT of rest between sets.  It was all in that order except the bicep curls I did the 25's and then did the wall sit and then went back and tried the 30's.  Over all it took around 30 minutes, so I was spending mucho time sitting around recovering.

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Feeling the growl again

As for goals...I'm at a pathetic starting point..goals for end of 2012:

Bench - current - ?135?    Goal - 185 (the first 20-25lbs come quickly as you re-learn how to lift)  PR - 225-230

Pushups - current -  ?25?  Goal - 60   PR -- ~80-100?

Dips - current - ?10?  Goal - 30   PR -- enough I got bored and never maxed

Pullups - current - ?3?   Goal - 20  PR -- 40+, enough I got bored and never maxed

Baselines:

Bench - 145

Pushups - 51

Dipes - N/A, wrist won't take these yet

Pullups - 1 (bwahaha!  My bar is awkward but this is still silly)

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

A Saucy Wench

Nice.  Did the pushups workout at 7, took the kids to school and then did my normal push day and was able to New PR on dumbbell press and late late LATE in the workout managed 4 full dips

A Saucy Wench

whatever.  nobody does anything except pushups anymore. 

8 real dips. 

Feeling the growl again

whatever.  nobody does anything except pushups anymore. 

8 real dips. 

When I finish this dang pushup thing, I plan to move right into the weights.  I realized early on I could not do both.

MTA:  I am a bit concerned that I would be girled on dips right now...

A Saucy Wench

When I finish this dang pushup thing, I plan to move right into the weights.  I realized early on I could not do both.

MTA:  I am a bit concerned that I would be girled on dips right now...

Nah the pushups will help the dips.  Plus it is officially summer break now which means my lifting will get scaled WAAAAAY back. 

Feeling the growl again

Baselines:

Bench - 145

Pushups - 51

Dipes - N/A, wrist won't take these yet

Pullups - 1 (bwahaha!  My bar is awkward but this is still silly)

Bench = 170.  I added 25 lbs via the Pushup Challenge without ever touching the iron.  Likey.

Honestly, I wasn't sure if the pushups would help the bench, but clearly they did! Congrats!

Bench = 170.  I added 25 lbs via the Pushup Challenge without ever touching the iron.  Likey.

Feeling the growl again

Honestly, I wasn't sure if the pushups would help the bench, but clearly they did! Congrats!

Thanks Tony.  I think they are different but complimentary.

I doubt there are enough people interested in a benchpress challenge, but here's the plan I'm following.  I plan to put in a pushup workout after every two bench days, a couple rest days in between all.

Feeling the growl again

4/22 - 145lb baseline

6/26 - 170lb max through just the Pushup Challenge

8/1 - 180lb rep at the end of a workout.  I failed the workout but hey, that's the most weight I have put up since 2001.