3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

December Racing Thread (Read 957 times)

Feeling the growl again

If you don't like the weather, think back to July....

Goal                                                                                                             ____________        Result

beef -- 12/3 -- Tecumseh Trail Marathon -- ??                                                                          5:28

C-R -- 12/3 -- Tecumseh Trail Marathon -- 4:30                                                                     4:49:17

CEIE -- 12/3 -- Tecumseh Trail Marathon -- ??                                                                         4:53

CliveF -- 12/3 -- Huntersville Holiday 5K -- a) sub-20 b)20:30 c)kaboom                           20:36

Dopple Bock -- 12/3 -- Frostbite 10M, Stevens Pt, WI -- <1:01:30

MrPHinNJ -- 12/3 -- Jingle Bell Run, Bethlehem, PA -- race it <22                                       21:24

rockinmamaof5 -- 12/3 -- Jingle Bell Run, Bethlehem, PA -- go out fast, hang on             22:35

TeaOlive -- 12/3 -- Savannah Bridge Run Double Pump 5/10K -- 3 crossings                 1:20:09

willamona -- 12/4 -- California International Marathon -- win division                                  DNS

Amores Perros -- 12/10 -- 5K -- sub-18:20

Amores Perros -- 12/11 -- 15K -- 1:03:08 (PR)

CliveF -- 12/24 -- Christmas Elf 5K -- sub-20, run with the big dogs                                   20:47 (long)

CliveF -- 12/24 -- Christmas Elf Kids Run -- pace son, make him work for it                     kid rocked

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Hawt and sexy

Dec 4th. California International Marathon and site of the USABA National championships. Well, it would be nice to win my division here, but that all depends on who fills out the field. Still working out the logistics, but this should be a go.

I'm touching your pants.

Ostrich runner

I will be doing either Huff or Tecumseh, but probably not both this year. I was rooting for Huff, but the wife is rooting for Tecumseh. We'll talk goals in a couple months.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Ostrich runner

I think I am going to go ahead and register for Tecumseh--it'll just be easier to plan for me. Probably I will be able to register for Huff close to race time if it looks like it'll work out. 

Prince of Fatness

Date: 12/03
            Distance: 5K
            Event: Jingle Bell Run/Walk for Arthritis
            City: Bethlehem, PA
            Goal: Race it and see what happens.  No watch.

Not at it at all. 

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

12/3 -- Savannah River Bridge Run Double Pump  5 & 10k -- Savannah, Ga.    Make it over that bridge three times.

mta:  over bridge three times without puking.

steph  

C-R

Just checked the registration list and lo and behold my name is there (crap). Tecumseh trail Marathon 10/3/11 BFE, IN

Goal? Goal? Seriously? sub 5 4:30 (screw it - go high or go home) and ask Beef if I'm kidding. This one is supposed to be a serious challenge.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Ostrich runner

I'm really hoping I can make the race. Everything about my schedule is day to day for the foreseeable future. That said, Tecumseh, goal sub 5. Goals really don't mean much there because of the weather. I scraped under 5 my first time out there though and that was my first long race. I think most people who are between 3:30 and 4 hour road marathoners can figure about an hour extra. I know some who are only 30-40 minutes over, but also some who have taken 2 hours more. People approaching the 3 hour barrier (I think it has only been broken once) are usually about 2:25 to 2:30 on the road. People going that fast have a tendency to fall and get injured on this course though. A lot can go wrong when running for 5 hours in the cold. 

C-R

Goals really don't mean much there because of the weather. I scraped under 5 my first time out there though and that was my first long race. I think most people who are between 3:30 and 4 hour road marathoners can figure about an hour extra. I know some who are only 30-40 minutes over, but also some who have taken 2 hours more. People approaching the 3 hour barrier (I think it has only been broken once) are usually about 2:25 to 2:30 on the road. People going that fast have a tendency to fall and get injured on this course though. A lot can go wrong when running for 5 hours in the cold. 

Indeed. That's why we set hard goals here in the Hurtlocker. I may die trying for that sub 4:30 but I'll know there is nothing left on the coure. Well except for blood and bodily fluids left in the effort.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

First time post!! here is goes...

Tecumseh Trail Marathon in 12/3

This will be my first marathon ever, heck it will be the longest I have ever raced, I did a trail run last January but that course was only 22 miles and it was pancake flat.  

Everything I have heard about this thing it is a monster...  I love doing stupid thing like this!!  Builds character. 

Beef I believe there is an RA meet up  @ some bar there with some of the masters runners.  I am hitching a ride with slo_hand

DoppleBock

Dopplebock - 12/3 - Frostbite 10M Stevens Point, WI < 1:01:30

Funny - This is the only 10 mile race I ever ran back in 2005 - January 2006 is the only time I ran Houston Marathon ... History repeats itself

2005 Frostbite 10M = 1:01:57 (6:12)

2006 Houston Mar = 2:47:14 (6:22)

I would not mind that history to repeat itself

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Date: 12/03
                          Distance: 5K
                          Event: Jingle Bell Run/Walk for Arthritis
                          City: Bethlehem, PA
                          Goal: Race it and see what happens.  No watch.

question. What kind of race shape do you think if (if you had to take a guess) Since it's so close to where I live maybe you could be my carrot????  

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

L Train

question. What kind of race shape do you think if (if you had to take a guess) Since it's so close to where I live maybe you could be my carrot????  

Just make sure you leave him no hope. 

Ostrich runner

First time post!! here is goes...

Tecumseh Trail Marathon in 12/3

This will be my first marathon ever, heck it will be the longest I have ever raced, I did a trail run last January but that course was only 22 miles and it was pancake flat.  

Everything I have heard about this thing it is a monster...  I love doing stupid thing like this!!  Builds character. 

Beef I believe there is an RA meet up  @ some bar there with some of the masters runners.  I am hitching a ride with slo_hand

Cool, I'll try to find it. Tecumseh was my first marathon in 09. I'm pretty sure I will be in Bloomington the night before and maybe the night after. Hopefully I actually do some training before the race. 

DoppleBock

All I know is it usuallt takes 3 efforts at a particulat race distance within a reasonable period of time to get it right - So go for it ! 

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !