3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

April 2014 Race Thread (Read 43 times)

back when I ran, I did a double race 6 days after my pr marathon. It was one of those races that have a "one mile fun run" which was 5 minutes started before the real race. "Doable" I figured. Followed by the race - a 4 mile race in this case. Won the one-mile easily. It was a breeze, and about 5 sec off my PR, out of nowhere.  Then a short breather, which ended up being 2 to 3 minutes, since they started a hair late, and ran the 4 miler. The real running in the four mile lasted just about 400m, before the marathon shuffle set in. Quite a memorable 4 mile race.

Feeling the growl again

4/13 -- spaniel -- Blame Spaniel 5K #2 -- Lizton, IN -- 17:15

Miss; 17:21.  But I'm considering it success since I did 17:22 two weeks ago in perfect weather, and today was the polar opposite, 20+ mph winds down the home straightaway.  I was in great shape through 2 miles...5:33-5:35....but the last mile was about 5:43 as the wind continued to pick up and the last few laps I felt like I was jogging the straightaway that was into it.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

So my two remaining April races are a 5K next Saturday, and then 24hr whenever the VA Beach cancer run is.

My races may have been complete crap this past weekend, but at least I got 20mi in each day, so I'll declare that a success as probably last serious running before the 24hr.

19:03. Disappointing time. But good race - spent 3mi chasing down a HS girl, and got in front of her with a quarter mile to go. Then she kicked away to come in six seconds in front of me. Darn kids Smile

Got 20mi in on the day.

Oh and wound up with a headache, and feel a bit queasy today. Now I remember: the long warmdown after this race is my traditional "get surnburned' day. I always remember that later on, instead of ahead of time when I could put on sunscreen.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

You really should be a comedian C-R.

The wind was pretty brutal. I bailed when Spaniel finished and just called it a tempo workout. Spaniel would have been under 17 with better weather.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Nice job C-R!

25:57

We had great weather this morning. It was a very small race, but pretty well organized. They used the popsicle stick finishing method. I finished 8OA and won a $20 gift certificate to a LRS in a random drawing.

Yes.  Nice one, C_R!

Congrats on the $'s and 8OA, WhoDat!

steph  

Nice job, guys!

As for me....

mstuartm

Boston

4/21

3:10:00

It's going to be interesting to see what race day magic feels like with a million spectators on a course.

Nice job, guys!

As for me....

mstuartm

Boston

4/21

3:10:00

It's going to be interesting to see what race day magic feels like with a million spectators on a course.

This does make me curious since we're both here and have essentially the same goal, what wave/corral are you in?

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

an amazing likeness

Turns out for the past 85 years there's another little race on Patriot's Day in New England in addition to that shindig down in Boston...

04/21 milktruck - Boys Club 5 Miler, Portland ME, Goal = PR (36:5x)

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Date Who Race Name Location Distance Goal Result
                    4/19 WhoDatRunner Rock the Relay Indianapolis, IN 4 X 2.2 miles

<19:30 each lap

<78 total

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

This does make me curious since we're both here and have essentially the same goal, what wave/corral are you in?

It appears (from another forum) that you're in 1/9 and mstuartm is in 2/1. His # is just a hair over 9000.

Greg, I'm #9007.....I think we're separated by just a few numbers, but different waves.

MTA: Missed mbehr's post.

Feeling the growl again

4/19 - spaniel - Blame Spaniel 5K #3 - 17:10

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

4/21 - Boston Marathon: <2:41:22  (Bib # 732)

Weather's looking to be decent.  Low of 39° Sunday night.  Partly cloudy with a hi of 61° Monday.  Oh, and 5-10 WNW changing to SSW as the day goes along.  That's decent, right?

3:19:44 for me today. Ran a solid race even with the 5 minute potty stop.

Got my BQ -5 and a really nasty blister.

Not sure about racing 5ks tomorrow. May just hobby jog more than usual.

Missed this one last weekend. Nice running C-R!  Glad you got your BQ.

Feeling the growl again

4/19 - spaniel - Blame Spaniel 5K #3 - 17:10

My body, really, REALLY did not want to move this morning, but somehow I accomplished the mission.

17:08.23.

5:29-5:31 for 11-flat at 3200m...I was in the pain cave the next few laps and thought I was losing time, before managing to finish with a 79sec lap that was the fastest of the day.  Swore I was losing time the last 1600m but it looks like that was right about 5:30 too.

Looks like it will be at least a couple weeks to the next attempt so that will probably be to get the 17:00 monkey off my back.