3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

June Racing Thread (Read 816 times)

C-R

Post it. Own It. Do It!

Name          Date             Race                                        Location                                      Goal                                         Well?

Spaniel        6/16            Par2Park Ultra (52.4 mi)       Hancock County, IN                 <6:35                               Family first!

Candice       6/16            Gary Bjorkland HM                 Duluth MN                                  <1:27                              1:28:34 PR

DB                 6/16            Gary Bjorkland HM                 Duluth MN                                  a) not get chicked by CS

b) < 1:25

c) hurl only after 10 pm

Greg C         6/16           Mt. Washington Road Race    Pinkham Notch, N.H.             < 1:31

TeaOlive      6/2             Rail Trail To Foot Bridge 5k    Granville, NY                             <24  &  be unfoolish  24:15 1AG      

TeaOlive      6/23           Bad Marsh Night Ultra 50k      Beaufort, SC                             <7                                 6:47

MilkTruck     6/3            Iron Horse Half Marathon        Simsbury, CT                           1:38:59 (PR)               1:40:12

MilkTruck     6/24          Bands on Run Half Marathon   Lewiston, ME                          1:45                             1:50:33

with traffic jams

WhoDat       6/2v          DINO 15K Trail Run                   Brown County State Park, IN  <2 hrs                        1:38:58

CliveF          6/15         Summer Solstice 4-Mile            Davidson NC                      Volunteer/paying it forwardSmile

Dickey         6/15-16    Wasatch Back Ragnar Relay   Somewhere in UT               < 6:00 minute/mile     5:55/mi

DB               6/2-3         FANS 24                                        Minneapolis MN                  CR >147.7, win

CliveF          6/8            Main Street Challenge 5k          China Grove NC                       19:30                         19:29 PR

CR               6/6           National Day of Running 8k       Carmel, IN                                <40                            36:30 2AG

TonyP         6/16          Monster Triathlon (Sprint)          Pulaski, TN                             < 1:14; AG place    1:17:33 2AG

TonyP         6/17         Music City DuRunRun                 Nashvegas?                         < 58 min; AG place  56:55 13OA

Dickey        6/22        To Bone and Back                         Idaho                                   Win and/or not die Won something

Did but did not Post

pfetro           6/2           Outrun the Sun   5miler                Indy                                             31:00                     29:56 and 3OA

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Aw crap.

spaniel -- 6/16 -- Park2Park Ultra (52.4 miles)  -- goal sub-6:35 (roughly 7:30 avg)

I had no intention of doing an ultra this early in the year but WhoDat had to find one in our backyard...finishing over one of my favorite stretches of local roadway.

I'm forcing myself to view this as more of a workout than a race to make me control my effort....it will likely be hot, run into the wind, with no shade.  At least I have a top-notch crew though (C-R + WhoDat)

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Gary Bjorkland Half Marathon

June 16th Duluth, MN

< 1:27

Dream big...

DoppleBock

Dopplebock ~ same race as Candice -

A) Goal to finish ahead Candice

B) Goal to break 1:25

C) Goal to not puke drunk until after 10pm post race

You might think those goals are soft - But with the exception of C - They are stretch goals - Usually I am still walking funny 13 days post 24 hour race.

Gary Bjorkland Half Marathon

June 16th Duluth, MN

< 1:27

Dream big...

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

I totally would have beat you at the Monkey that one year if my ovary hadn't ruptured.

Goal A is not soft Joking

Looks like no one's joking around this month...

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Feeling the growl again

Aw crap.

spaniel -- 6/16 -- Park2Park Ultra (52.4 miles)  -- goal sub-6:35 (roughly 7:30 avg)

I had no intention of doing an ultra this early in the year but WhoDat had to find one in our backyard...finishing over one of my favorite stretches of local roadway.

I'm forcing myself to view this as more of a workout than a race to make me control my effort....it will likely be hot, run into the wind, with no shade.  At least I have a top-notch crew though (C-R + WhoDat)

Damnit, I have to scratch.  I was just reminded I have prior family committments...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Ok...

Mt. Washington Road Race

6/16

Pinkham Notch, N.H.

7.6 miles straight up a freakin mountain.

I swore and swore and swore I'd never do this race, that it would be the one last dumb running thing I wouldn't get sucked into by my bad influence friends. And then I had one moment of weakness, and of course my name got drawn in the lottery. I'm told it takes most people about as long as it would take them to run a half, so I'll say sub 1:31. I am an idiot.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Feeling the growl again

I am an idiot.

Hey now, don't go thinking you are so special around here....  Wink

Sounds like an awesome race.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

TeaOlive    6/2   Rail Trail To Foot Bridge 5k  Granville, NY    <24    Or - not make fool of self in husband's

home town.

6/23 Bad Marsh Night Ultra 50k      Beaufort, SC   <7    

steph  

an amazing likeness

Mt. Washington Road Race

6/16

Pinkham Notch, N.H.

7.6 miles straight up a freakin mountain.

Don't know how much folks know about this event -- but it is one tough beast to get an entry for.  And, the motto is "Only one hill !" which you have to say in sort of yuck...yuck way, knowing that there are sections so steep that some of the runners use hands and feet. Oh and the temp drops 30F or more as you go up.

Yes, you're an idiot.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

an amazing likeness

Iron Horse Half Marathon

June 3

Simsbury, CT

goal: 1:38:59 (PR)

Bands on Run Half Marathon

June 24

Lewiston, ME

goal: 1:38:45 PR  (if at first you don't succeed, try, try again...)

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

6/2 -- DINO 15K Trail Run -- Brown County State Park, IN

No real time goal. The hills on the course are supposed to be pretty tough, it'll probably be warm, and Candice says I'm fat, so anything under 2 hours will be fine with me. And no ankle injuries.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Because it's C-R, I'll make this difficult:

CliveF -- 6/15 -- Summer Solstice 4-Mile -- Davidson NC -- Goal = ...

(a) I managed to persuade the local training group to have a prediction-based competition -- the race within a race, as it were.  I'll fine-tune my prediction as the date nears, the weather is better known, and the course map comes out.  For now, I'll stick with sub-26 sub-27.

(b) Never raced a 4-mile before, so getting a PR is what we call a "soft" goal.

(outlandish) My best age-graded result was the 5k a couple weeks ago -- 74.14%.  If the stars align and the Running Gods smile, I'd like to run better than 74.14% age-graded; that's a 25:47.

MTA: I found out the course, and it turns out to be trails.  Goals adjusted as above.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

DoppleBock

DB - June 2-3  FANS24  Minneapolis, MN  Course record (> 147.41) + Win + Not die.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !