3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

The offical Rocken get better thread! (Read 231 times)

Hawt and sexy

Hey everybody! Rocken went under the knife today. She is doing well and everything. But now she's going to have some heal time ahead. I thought I would start a thread where we could just send well wishes and just generally screw around and entertain for her to read once she can be on the computer.

So anywho, get better or I start giving your cat ideas like this.

Body builder kitteh!

I'm touching your pants.

Feeling the growl again

Heal up, Rocken!  Rather than trying to come up with the typical witty Hurtlocker humor, I'll just say that I am praying that this solves the issues you've been having and you can get back to normal....kicking some ass.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Heal up, Rocken!  Rather than trying to come up with the typical witty Hurtlocker humor, I'll just say that I am praying that this solves the issues you've been having and you can get back to normal....kicking some ass.

I can't say it any better than this.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

#artbydmcbride

Rest up, heal up and check in when you can.  Smile

Runners run

Kalsarikännit

Rocken, I hope you heal up quick. You are already a bionic woman. This will just make you stronger.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Yes, Pam, get well quickly and keep us updated.  

You are one strong woman and will be back at it soon.

steph  

Thanks Amanda! Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Surgery went well however here was a comaplication with the anesthesia. I may have a condition Psuedocholinesterase deficiency. I had a similar experience with my only other general anesthesia surgery but not nearly as bad.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

DoppleBock

I am sure you are all smarter than me - But I had to look it up

The effects are varied depending on the particular drug given. When anesthetists administer standard doses of these anesthetic drugs to a person with pseudocholinesterase deficiency, the patient experiences prolonged paralysis of the respiratory muscles, requiring an extended period of time during which the patient must be mechanically ventilated. Eventually the muscle-paralyzing effects of these drugs will wear off despite the deficiency of the pseudocholinesterase enzyme. If the patient is maintained on a mechanical respirator until normal breathing function returns, there is little risk of harm to the patient.

However, because it is rare in the general population, it is sometimes overlooked when a patient does not wake-up after surgery. If this happens, there are two major complications that can arise. First, the patient may lie awake and paralyzed, while medical providers try to determine the cause of the patient’s unresponsiveness. Second, the breathing tube may be removed before the patient is strong enough to breathe properly, potentially causing respiratory arrest.

This enzyme abnormality is a benign condition unless a person with pseudocholinesterase deficiency is exposed to the offending pharmacological agents.[4]

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

DoppleBock

I hope you heal fast - But I am confident you find a path on your journey in life that continues to bring happiness - I Hope that includes running.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Prince of Fatness

I hope that you recover quickly and that this surgery resolves the issues that you were having.

Not at it at all. 

I am sure you are all smarter than me - But I had to look it up

The effects are varied depending on the particular drug given. When anesthetists administer standard doses of these anesthetic drugs to a person with pseudocholinesterase deficiency, the patient experiences prolonged paralysis of the respiratory muscles, requiring an extended period of time during which the patient must be mechanically ventilated. Eventually the muscle-paralyzing effects of these drugs will wear off despite the deficiency of the pseudocholinesterase enzyme. If the patient is maintained on a mechanical respirator until normal breathing function returns, there is little risk of harm to the patient.

However, because it is rare in the general population, it is sometimes overlooked when a patient does not wake-up after surgery. If this happens, there are two major complications that can arise. First, the patient may lie awake and paralyzed, while medical providers try to determine the cause of the patient’s unresponsiveness. Second, the breathing tube may be removed before the patient is strong enough to breathe properly, potentially causing respiratory arrest.

This enzyme abnormality is a benign condition unless a person with pseudocholinesterase deficiency is exposed to the offending pharmacological agents.[4]

yes that's it. I ended up being venelated for almost 8hours- it was very scary because I kept going in and out of consious I don't think I really knew what was going on until about 4 Hours after being moved to recovery. I had a GREAT doctor there-so now I get to wear a fancy bracelet and have to have all my kids tested

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

I hope you heal fast - But I am confident you find a path on your journey in life that continues to bring happiness - I Hope that includes running.

Thanks DB!

I hope that you recover quickly and that this surgery resolves the issues that you were having.

thanks Tim!

Slo

Well said.

And that's some scary stuff. Give em Hell !

Glad to already see you posting, Rocken.  I hope that your recovery continues with all possible speed.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                                Emil Zatopek