3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

That Explains Much (Read 441 times)

Hawt and sexy

I no longer make hamburger helper from a box. I make it from what I have on hand that day. But then I am the crazy chick that always added veggies to the stuff.

Even when living in a apartment in college I always had basic veggies like potatoes, onions, lettuce, celery or carrots. Those are the cheapie ones. Now I usually have various peppers, cauliflower and whatever else grabs me at the store. I cook a lot of stir fry type meals in my house. I have also been known to make fresh noodles by hand for beef or chicken and noodles. But then, I bake my own bread and stuff too.

I'm touching your pants.

A Saucy Wench

Our community garden has plots for the food pantry but the vast majority are for individual use.  You pay some annual fee for it, mostly to cover water costs.  Lots of produce theft though. 

On the other hand, despite the teeny lots here, we are still a small enough town that the vast majority live in houses with at least enough room for a small raised bed.    but the community garden is nice because the city tills the whole thing spring and fall so you dont need to worry about that part.

I do not have a garden.  I have a CSA to do the dirty work for me -except that each year I seem to volunteer more and more time there. So maybe I do have a garden, just not on my land. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7