3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

April 2014 Race Thread (Read 43 times)

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Posted in the Swamp but forgot to put it here:

Twilight 5K

Athens, GA

Goal: sub-20

Ran 19:59, 2 AG and my first sub-20 5K. I almost bailed after the first mile, but decided if my hamstrings didn't get any worse I'd stay with it and see what happened. Kind of looking forward to seeing what I can do once I'm fully recovered from Boston.

Good going!

steph  

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Oh yeah, 24hr run for cancer. Main goal is to run with a couple friends, but it would certainly be cool to run 100mi Smile  Have never done more than 50, so really don't know what to expect.

Hahaha. (Which usually is the response I get to post to my attempt to post 8-ball worthy goals, this year.)

60mi.

Did get to run 27mi with my buddy, then had to walk, then had knee issues and didn't run much more.

Did run some with pcaharrier, and had fun meeting a bunch of people. Someone at the aid station remarked hyperbolically that I would have 10 more laps if I weren't socializing all the time. Walked my way to my longest run (easy as I had so much time available), and bailed & headed out -- cause I didn't want to keep crew there all night just for me walking, when there was still time to hit restaurants before they closed. And then a shower and bed Smile

Had ankle & knee pain that caused me to become afraid to try running anymore. Not sure what that was -- semi-psychosomatic? (cause sometimes I could run?) Need newer shoes? Longer contiguous runs in training? More practice walking? Dunno. Thinking about trying hokas sometime to see if they provide the magic their adherents claim.

When I left my buddy was reduced to walking (his plan was to run the whole thing), but apparently he regrouped later and got running again, and came in with 109 (and got onto the leaderboard late, with 4th at end).

I could barely walk, and stairs were a problem both ways yesterday, but I got up to almost walking normally today, and jogged a bit (slowly and somewhat painfully).

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

pcaharrier

4/26

VA 24 Hour Run for Cancer

Hampton, VA

Goal: 52.5 miles

I didn't just enter this one or forget about it until now, but I did neglect to post about it here.  52.5 is my A goal.  If I feel okay after that I'll keep going and chase the 75-mile plaque that the RD gives out.

I managed 60 miles, although I had to walk the last 7.5.  I still exceeded my goal and it's by far my longest run ever.  I'm still a bit sore today, but not as sore, I think, as I was back in November two days after my first marathon.  I'll probably try to get out and run again on Wednesday or Thursday.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Also we got plenty of inchworms.

pcaharrier

Also we got plenty of inchworms.

A fact which was noticeably absent from all of their disclaimers/waivers!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

We were running (so, early in the day), and one woman was telling another, "Last year I got home and found 11 in my sports bra; apparently they like warm places". I asked, rather terrified, "Are you talking about ticks??"   I was happy when she explained that she was referring to inchworms.

(This was before they started landing all over us.)

Feeling the growl again

We were running (so, early in the day), and one woman was telling another, "Last year I got home and found 11 in my sports bra; apparently they like warm places". I asked, rather terrified, "Are you talking about ticks??"   I was happy when she explained that she was referring to inchworms.

(This was before they started landing all over us.)

LOL.  That could have gone so many directions.

Sorry to hear it did not go as planned.  Weird things can happen when you run far/long.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills