3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Prince of Fatness

I will be drinking sours in the comfort of my own home.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

I've heard the Spencer Trappist is really good. I'm no beer expert but I've recently discovered Chimay Grande Reserve and St. Bernardus Abt 12, which I can't decide which is my favorite... and this weekend I tried Ayinger Celebrator, which may make it a 3 way tie.

Feeling the growl again

I've heard the Spencer Trappist is really good. I'm no beer expert but I've recently discovered Chimay Grande Reserve and St. Bernardus Abt 12, which I can't decide which is my favorite... and this weekend I tried Ayinger Celebrator, which may make it a 3 way tie.

Let's be scientific about this.  You need to line up all three.  Better yet, to establish confidence intervals you need three replicates of each and drink them in a blinded manner.  So drink a total of 9 of those bad boys in a sitting and we should have a good idea.

To prevent individual bias, you can ship a matching set to me and I will serve as an independent data set.  You are welcome.  Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Feeling the growl again

Oh and Trent while I could not get to either of the breweries you recommended in San Diego (the airline ate up the half day of fun time I had planned) I think I have consumed most of the unique beer in the city.  I even walked half an hour one way through the ghetto to some place called Monkey Paw for a single brew, I think the flying monkeys were the least of my worries.

I did look for bottles but no place with decent beer selection revealed itself in the brief time I've had to look.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I don't know if it's a good or bad thing, but my favorite beer tends to be in the 9-10.5% alcohol range. Sssooo, I guess you could say before I got to 9, I would literally be drinking them "in a blinded manner". Haha!

Let's be scientific about this.  You need to line up all three.  Better yet, to establish confidence intervals you need three replicates of each and drink them in a blinded manner.  So drink a total of 9 of those bad boys in a sitting and we should have a good idea.

To prevent individual bias, you can ship a matching set to me and I will serve as an independent data set.  You are welcome.  Wink

If you haven't tried Harviestoun Ola Dubh 12... you should. Barrel aged in oak casks...dang good beer. A lot better than Bud Light.

My house has a nice big backyard. Until a week or two ago, it was covered in snow, and had been for what seemed like forever. Over the last week or so the snow all melted away. Tonight after work I sat out on my back porch and had a beer. The beer was tasty and the weather was warm and pleasant. What kind of beer? Doesn't matter. It was great.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Prince of Fatness

http://weyerbacher.com/blog/2014/04/rhumpshaka/

So we got to the release an hour early.  To my surprise we were first in line. The samples we had at the brewery were tasty, but we split a bottle yesterday and wow. As soon as the bottle was opened you could smell the rum. I had a 5 oz pour and it got better as it warmed. Rum flavor was strong but not overbearing. Nice flavor from the barrels too. I bought to bottles for myself and it definitely was not enough. That was the consensus of opinion from the group. Yum.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Good lord. 3 Floyds has a new website. It's even worse than the old one.

C-R

Good lord. 3 Floyds has a new website. It's even worse than the old one.

Thankfully their beers are good.

Must be some sort of ying/yang shit.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Chicago and Binny's visit tomorrow.  Smile

Prince of Fatness

Chicago and Binny's visit tomorrow.  Smile

Just in case you are looking for shipping ideas 

I see a lot of stuff from Big Sky on their web site.  I'd be interested in trying some.  Don't need Moose Drool.  Also I saw some stuff from Half Acre too.  Only one that I had from them is Daisy Cutter.  Any style would be fine, just stuff to try.

MTA: And of course Three Floyds.

Not at it at all.