3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

February 2015 Racing Thread (Read 27 times)

DateNameDistanceRaceLocationGoalResultComment
    2/1 Parklife 5k   Super Sunday  Sacramento, CA  <16:38 15:04!  Only 4.5k 
    2/1 Roth Runner  10k Regents Park London, UK <34:30  34:55 Good Training 
    2/1 Milktruck 10mi Mid-Winter Cape Elizabeth, ME Not Freeze 1:18:30 Too warm
    2/1 C-R 7mi Groundhog   <48:35 DNS Ice AND Slop

2/14

Roth Runner 5k Dulwich Parkrun London, UK <16:29 16:22   Holy Crap!

2/14

JustaGuy 1.7mi  1mile /1k Park Bust Rust 10:33  Flying Solo to 1OA 

2/21

JustaGuy 1mi Aggie 1-mi   <5:30 DNS  no common sense  

2/28

C-R  1mi & 3,000m USATF Masters Indoor      <6 & <12 11:16 & 5:46  Dusted by Jr. 

"I’m intimidated by the fear of being average" - Taylor Swift

And we run because we like it
    Through the broad bright land

Go get it Parklife.

I've got a 10k this Sunday, though the conditions could be a little iffy.

2/1 Roth Runner 10k   Regents Park 10k  London, UK  <34:30

That's a good line-up for starting out February for us.  Go get 'em guys.

an amazing likeness

2/1 Milktruck 10mi  Mid-Winter 10-miler  Cape Elizabeth, ME  Not have any parts freeze off (predicted windchill -15F)

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

C-R

Just to balance the scales with some slower tines.

2/1 groundhog 7 miler. Beat last year's 48:35.

Might be a bit of a challenge as we are expecting 6 to 10 inches of snow prior to the race. hah.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

34:55, a little disappointed but what can you do.  10k seems harder event to me than 5k or a half at this point.  Still, a decent outing from a training point of view.

an amazing likeness

2/1 Milktruck 10mi  Mid-Winter 10-miler  Cape Elizabeth, ME  Not have any parts freeze off (predicted windchill -15F)

2F, rising to 12F with only light wind -- so piece of cake keeping all the fingers and toes. The running part was a personal worst for this course, nearly 3min slower than last year.  Same thing last race a few weeks ago, pw for the distance.

1:18:30, so when Roth Runner was finishing 10K, I hadn't even hit the 5mi split.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Feeling the growl again

34:55, a little disappointed but what can you do.  10k seems harder event to me than 5k or a half at this point.  Still, a decent outing from a training point of view.

It's early in the season.  You'll get there.

I think all of us Indy guys skipped skating the car to the 7-miler and struggling through a couple inches of slimy warm snow.  I'm still a bit knocked out from the flu, my scheduled long run turned into an hour nap.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

It's early in the season.  You'll get there.

I think all of us Indy guys skipped skating the car to the 7-miler and struggling through a couple inches of slimy warm snow.  I'm still a bit knocked out from the flu, my scheduled long run turned into an hour nap.

Was wondering about you guys. Looks like you found some alternative things to do during the snow day....

May not be what you wanted, but remember to keep the events of the week in perspective. You're still keeping that mileage up there. To me, it seems like it was one of those train through races.

Feeling the growl again

Was wondering about you guys. Looks like you found some alternative things to do during the snow day....

Indeed.  But I HATE breaking my streak of 70+ mpw.  I've committed to that and it kills me.  And my weight goals too.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Indeed.  But I HATE breaking my streak of 70+ mpw.  I've committed to that and it kills me.  And my weight goals too

Yes, but you were dealing with other sucker punches this week as it is.  Consider it a rest and recover week.

May not be what you wanted, but remember to keep the events of the week in perspective. You're still keeping that mileage up there. To me, it seems like it was one of those train through races.

Yup, you are right chaps, I shouldn't grumble - a solid train through race as you say - it was windy as well.  I hope the man flu is clearing spaniel....

Milktruck - 2F up to 12F!  That is evil cold, London would shut down at those temps!  An amazing effort to get out there IMHO.

C-R

Good early season effort Roth considering the sucker punch issue.

Hang in there milktruck. My racing usually stinks in those temps.

I DNS for the Groundhog 7. Too much ice and slop for my liking. I'm trying to stay off the injury list. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. However lame.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Ever have a race you wished was over 75% of the way through? Well.. got my wish Sunday. Sucks that I've had workouts go far better than this race. IDK... just cant seem to peek for a 9am race. Legs were tired at the starting line. First mile went well enough. Just crashed when things got tough. But, then it was over. Oh well.

And we run because we like it
                                Through the broad bright land