3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

February 2013 Racing Thread (Read 278 times)

The beer for best performance of the month goes to Roth Runner for a HUGE HM PR.

Congrats, RR!  That was a heck of a race!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Likely in PA at that time.

Wow.  Really?  I'm at a conference in the Marriott Downtown hotel, I don't know the city very well (although have stayed before, that time somewhere on Walnut, but I remember running from my hotel to the river and going out by the art museum).  If you are free and do fancy meeting up then let me know.  The conference schedule is a bit hectic, but I hope to get some runs in and have at least a couple of evenings free.  Also hoping to meet with Rocken, potentially on the Sunday some time.  Sorry for another hijack!

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Feeling the growl again

Wow.  Really?  I'm at a conference in the Marriott Downtown hotel, I don't know the city very well (although have stayed before, that time somewhere on Walnut, but I remember running from my hotel to the river and going out by the art museum).  If you are free and do fancy meeting up then let me know.  The conference schedule is a bit hectic, but I hope to get some runs in and have at least a couple of evenings free.  Also hoping to meet with Rocken, potentially on the Sunday some time.  Sorry for another hijack!

It's my thread, so I can approve the hijack.  What conference is it?

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

Likely in PA at that time.

Where?

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

A lot of damn fine racing in some tough conditions.

Congrats to RR on the virtual beer. When are you going to New Orleans? I'll be heading down there on the 16th.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Prince of Fatness

Not at it at all. 

C-R

Philly and NJ   Close enough to drop by if cn mnage a schdeule

Where?

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

C-R

Stayed there before and really enjoy that river path  for a decent run  Schedule is still being set but at min there are one or two decent pubs down by First St that could use a customer

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

C-R

Prince of Fatness

Philly and NJ   Close enough to drop by if cn mnage a schdeule

I have no travel plans until June so I should be around when you come.  Let me know once you firm up your plans.  I think I could drum up a few beers.

Not at it at all. 

C-R

That sounds like a plan.

I have no travel plans until June so I should be around when you come.  Let me know once you firm up your plans.  I think I could drum up a few beers.

C-R, I am happy to help those pubs have the odd customer.  Let me know if your schedule does mean you are around and free.  On the running front I think I'll stick with the riverpath then...it makes it harder for me to get lost and it seemed relatively busy with runners on early morning runs.

Spaniel, it will make you yawn, but it's OARSi which is an OA/musculoskeletal one that I end up at most years.  It is interesting, honestly.  I'm lucky this year as the sessions I am actively involved with will be over by Friday night (other than a poster session I ought to attend) so I can then actually relax a bit (chairing scares me).

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Feeling the growl again

C-R, I am happy to help those pubs have the odd customer.  Let me know if your schedule does mean you are around and free.  On the running front I think I'll stick with the riverpath then...it makes it harder for me to get lost and it seemed relatively busy with runners on early morning runs.

Spaniel, it will make you yawn, but it's OARSi which is an OA/musculoskeletal one that I end up at most years.  It is interesting, honestly.  I'm lucky this year as the sessions I am actively involved with will be over by Friday night (other than a poster session I ought to attend) so I can then actually relax a bit (chairing scares me).

Boo.  No chance we will overlap if that is the area you're working on.  Everything I go to is oncology/heme.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

We have quite a lot of multiple myeloma and prostate cancer stuff going on here and that is one area that my work is looking to expand in to (epigenetics, Wnt and TGF signalling).  At the moment it's just a funding application with the people already in that area, but If it does happen then maybe we will end up at a conference together.  I suspect the heme/oncology field is slightly more lucrative than the OA field so I wouldn't suggest changing areas...if the disease doesn't kill you and can be managed by a bunch of carpenters there isn't as much of a requirement for treatment!