3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

4th Annual Spaniel Farms Beer Mile - July 27, 2013 (Read 371 times)

DoppleBock

You could always get your ruler out and measure 220 yards and do an out and back.

I will keep the weekend of July 27 in mind and see about getting a local race together.  I would want to keep it in my neighborhood so that I do not need to worry about a designated driver.  I am sure that I could find a couple of people stupid enough to join me.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Feeling the growl again

Bump.  Because a couple people asked if we'd chosen a date yet and didn't see this.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

It's official.  July 27th.

I need to make note of this date.  I really would like to do something local, even if it is just running laps around the yard.  That is around the time of year that I have my potato beer brewing party.  Maybe I should make this a combo deal.

Not at it at all. 

Ostrich runner

It's actually looking pretty good for me. I think my wife is going to have a rotation in Indy for July.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

I will be out for this.  Just too much traveling for races and vacation this summer.  I tend to be a little obsessive about getting in all my long runs for a normal ultra, and with a 100 mile race in the fall, well I'm going to be extra obsessive.

Feeling the growl again

It's actually looking pretty good for me. I think my wife is going to have a rotation in Indy for July.

I can think of at least three reasons that this is good news.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Feeling the growl again

I will be out for this.  Just too much traveling for races and vacation this summer.  I tend to be a little obsessive about getting in all my long runs for a normal ultra, and with a 100 mile race in the fall, well I'm going to be extra obsessive.

The beer mile is like a bad penny that keeps coming around, it will be there next year for you.

we struck gold with the date choice, it gave me an easy out for a wedding trip we really wanted an excuse not to make.

The beer mile is like a bad penny that keeps coming around, it will be there next year for you.

we struck gold with the date choice, it gave me an easy out for a wedding trip we really wanted an excuse not to make.

How about spring, the day after Indiana 50/100 next year?  I still have something to settle with Ice Age 50 mile (sub 7) in May but I could be convinced to put that off another year and run 50 or 100 miles in Indiana.

Ostrich runner

How about spring, the day after Indiana 50/100 next year?  I still have something to settle with Ice Age 50 mile (sub 7) in May but I could be convinced to put that off another year and run 50 or 100 miles in Indiana.

There are several options for running 50k or 50 miles in Indiana, but only one for 100.

Ostrich runner

I can think of at least three reasons that this is good news.

There are at least 30.

Prince of Fatness

Not that I will be there but I am interested in what streak monkey man picks for his four beers.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

I am interested in peoples' ideas for beer over 5% ABV that is low on carbonation and preferably on the easier-drinking/less heavy end.  Bottles are allowed this year.

Feeling the growl again

That will be the weekend of my birthday next year, so I will entertain it.  holding it on a Sunday is far from ideal though, both in terms of needing to be fully functional the next day and people traveling.

I am interested in peoples' ideas for beer over 5% ABV that is low on carbonation and preferably on the easier-drinking/less heavy end.  Bottles are allowed this year.

I'm interested to learn what the right temperature needs to be.  There seems to be a fine balance there.  There's always Heineken...no nevermind.  I finished off the six pack for the event last year and haven't had one since.  Haven't even been tempted to try it.

I thought this would be decent but then I looked it up and found it was only 4.5% ABV.

Monarch White

MTA: OK, RA doesn't like me posting pictures as it never works on my PC.  Must be something with the settings.  Here's the link.

http://www.theperfectlyhappyman.com/two-brothers-monarch-white-beer/

Prince of Fatness

Look at beer from the UK styles (bitters, light scottish ales).  Many of those are low carbed.  The problem that you will have I am guessing is that many of those will be under 5% and / or not in 12 oz containers (11.2 oz for example).  Maybe look for UK style beers brewed by American craft breweries.  I am guessing that they will be carbed more because Americans want their beers with fizz.

This is the calculator that I use for bottling my beer.  It has a drop down for different styles.  That should help you see how the carbonation is for styles relative to each other.

http://hbd.org/cgi-bin/recipator/recipator/carbonation.html?10090022

Not at it at all.