3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

March Racing Thread (Read 991 times)

I'm still happy. An average pace starting with a 6:nn makes me very happy. Big grin

It makes me GREEN with envy.Big grin

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

RunningAhead's Steepler

GVSU icebreaker is tonight, I'm sitting in physics class watching running videos and getting nothing done Shocked. Good thing is all the kids who beat me last year are gone.

Pr's 400: 51.5 800: 1:59 1600: 4:27 3200: 9:48 5k: 16:06 10k :36:12 HM: 1:24 Marathon: Coming in 2015-2020

Feeling the growl again

Good thing is all the kids who beat me last year are gone.

The advantage of HS.  In the post-collegiate world they are always there unless they/you move, you just have to hope one of you ages into another age group and fight over those awards. 

I used to run against a former pro in almost every road race, even at age 40+ he was still consistently dropping 1:06-1:07 HMs and 30min 10Ks.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Ostrich runner

Too bad Bob Kennedy didn't keep running. We'd have some good local races. 

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

RunningAhead's Steepler

4:33 and change for second. It was the worst way it could have possibly folded out for me. Gun goes off and I know that the kid next to me has gone 15:40 for 5k so hes probablly gonna take it out but I have a better kick. After 200 meters of running at a crawl I just went around him and took the lead, and pretty much gapped everybody. first lap 68 (slow) now for the next 900 meters I'm in lala land trying to push the pace with a big ole pack chasing my down. 800 split was 2:21. so big negative splits agian but a Kid neither my coach or I had ever even heard of absolutely destroyed me in the last 100. After doing some research I found he PR'd by 10 seconds, >:| Kids arent supposed to do that.

Pr's 400: 51.5 800: 1:59 1600: 4:27 3200: 9:48 5k: 16:06 10k :36:12 HM: 1:24 Marathon: Coming in 2015-2020

Feeling the growl again

After doing some research I found he PR'd by 10 seconds, >:| Kids arent supposed to do that.

Good performance given that you basically had to run it solo after a slow start.

Kids are typically the ones who can still pull stunts like 10sec PRs in the mile.  Sucks to be the one punked when they do it though.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Feeling the growl again

Slept half of Friday afternoon.  Scrapped the Saturday HM.  Still no run today, another sleeping half the day away.

Yeah.  I'm hurt.  This sucks.

Should you be running at all?

Feeling the growl again

Should you be running at all?

I don't know.  I posted an article in the 'hurt myself" thread about a case study on an elite athlete running while recovering from mono.  

I think I made a good choice to control myself and burn $50 by not running today.  My plan is that if I do not feel good, I do not run.  If I feel good, I run EASY for whatever feels good.  No pushing whatsoever.

My body is giving me very mixed signals.  My pulse is very low and acting like I am fully recovered/tapered for a race.  Half the time my mind follows suit and I am stir-crazy sitting around and not exercising.  Then by mid-day the fatigue hits me and I don't want to do anything but sleep.

I'll check that out, I missed it.

Sounds like a good plan bailing on the race. I guess it's one of those things you have to judge by feel. Frustrating that you're getting such mixed signals, i'm sure. Hang in there. It'll be over eventually. 

("It'll be over eventually" is what I usually say to myself at some point during a long run Wink )

RunningAhead's Steepler

Last race of the month, Zeeland/Coopserville  Tri meet, coach says going for the win so I am tripling in the mile-800-2 mile. Goal: win all three.

RunningAhead's Steepler

Well....second in the mile in 4:42 with a 63 lap. Thats what I get for trying to outkick a 800 guy. Then second in the 800 to my own team mate, I consider that the same as winning. and first in the two mile in 10:20. It was really nice though cause the guy who ran the mile also ran the two and after the first lap I whispered into his ear. "I'm going to run you into the dust" (we have a pretty bitter rivaly) and I did, though 10:20 is hardly an impressive time I guess it was a mostly successful meet.

RunningAhead's Steepler

4:43....not 4:24

Feeling the growl again

4:43....not 4:24

Fixed....dyslexia on the 4 and 2.

Feeling the growl again

And the beer goes to....

jpdeaux!!!  Good job buddy.

Honorable Mention to MandyS.