3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Falling down (Read 424 times)

DoppleBock

I am a rythm person - I am either in a healthy rythm or unhealthy

Every time I get on the cusp of getting in pretty good shape - I fall down.

1 day or no running and beer drinking has little effect

2 days - it takes about a week to recover

3 days and it will take 2-3 weeks

I just took 3 days off with a 4th day just a little jog - Perfect timing for Grandmas marathon ... I think I enjoy failing.

If I was not trying to train - The weekend was great 3 days of camping with family and friends - Golf, kickball, volleyball, egg toss, horse shoes, fishing and loads of drinking and eating junk.  It was a lot of fun - Maybe next time I will have to try drinking something other than beer and tequilla the whole time.  I think dry muscles get sore easy.  Running post time off has been very painful.

Not tweaking - just tired of being incapable of balance.

Like my friend Richard say's - As long as we get up 1 more time than we fall down, we win!

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Carl A

We're all pulling for you here, Mike. Please remember that you don't need to drink much to be a great runner, friend, and dad.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Feeling the growl again

I can't fall down because you have to be standing up for that to happen...and I can't seem to get off my knees.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I can't fall down because you have to be standing up for that to happen...and I can't seem to get off my knees.

Dude, you already got the promotion.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

DoppleBock

Snort 

DoppleBock

My latest Blog entry is about this subject -  

We're all pulling for you here, Mike. Please remember that you don't need to drink much to be a great runner, friend, and dad.

Feeling the growl again

That's a big part of the problem right now.  Running-wise, anyways.

Just got back from a trip of 4 12+ hr days....leave again Sunday for a full week but hope this one is more conducive to some running.  Thought I'd get a double in today as I didn't have to go in but instead I spent the AM cutting a damn tree from the storm off my driveway.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

DoppleBock

Usually after I "Fall Down" I end up punishing myself with some really big run days or weeks.

This works out really poorly if I am suppose to be tapering

I really want to run a lot this week to pay for my sins, but Grandmas marathon is June 18th - Its killing me not be inflict pain and suffereing on myself.