3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

May Race Thread (Read 782 times)

The King of Beasts

Post your may races. or any random shit you feel like posting.

CR     --5/5 Anti-Mini Half Marathon, Zionsville IN- 1:35  

CliveF --5/12 -- Run Wild 5k -- 20:15

KerCanDo70 - May 19 - Ironman Texas, The Woodlands, TX - 12:30:00

CR      --5/19 Geist HM, Fishers IN - <1:30

CliveF -- 5/20 -- Biltmore-Kiwanis Classic 15k -- sub-1:05

Slo_Hand --5/20 Green Bay Marathon    Goal  Sub 3:30

spaniel -- 5/26 -- Bad Axe Memorial Day 10K -- sub-33, 1OA, CR

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

CliveF -- 5/12 -- Run Wild 5k -- 20:15

CliveF -- 5/20 -- Biltmore-Kiwanis Classic 15k -- sub-1:05

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

TripleBock

Flatlander - No Races - But plan on watching Another One run fast.

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

So instead of racing, it looks like everyone is doing push-ups instead for May.  So far we only have CliveF planning something for May.  I'm sure there are others!?

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I have a race in May that I'll DNS. Does that count?

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

C-R

I have a race in May that I'll DNS. Does that count?

You had best be healthy for the beer mile. That's all I'm sayin.

Currently two races in May for me.

5/5 Anti-Mini Half Marathon, Zionsville IN- 1:35 - yes I know its sandbagging but its 3 loop trail with no water stations (self supported) but it's free

5/19 Geist HM, Fishers IN - <1:30 time to pony up

MTA: Out on the 5th. Family responsibilities.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Slo

May 20th Green Bay Marathon    Goal  Sub 3:30

Course closed at 9:35, 2 hrs and 35 mins into the race due to heat.

At mile 7 I started to consider the game day option of running the half instead of the full, at mile 10 I made my decision and followed the Half marathon course. (they would allow this and still give you an official time rather than a DNF)

At mile 12 I turned around and headed back to find my SIL to make sure she wasn't in trouble...she was running her first half, eventually found her and ran her in for a 2:22 finish. My time was 2:25.

My avg pace thru 5 miles was 8:01, thru 10 miles it dropped to 8:12. I feel like given perfect conditions a 3:25 was in reach but for the conditions we had that day I would have been lucky to get under 4.

I opted for the half, this way I can skip the recovery and get onto some serious training. (wuss Wink Wink

Feeling the growl again

5/5 Anti-Mini Half Marathon, Zionsville IN- 1:35 - yes I know its sandbagging but its 3 loop trail with no water stations (self supported) but it's free

I would actually call that a pretty challenging goal.  Have you ever run it/been there before?  When I won it several years ago I found the course quite challenging and technical....nothing but constant turns, always accelerating, and three round trips up/down a switchbacking staircase with heavy traffic in both directions after the first lap.  The only part that is straight or flat is ~1/4 mile at the beginning and end of each lap.  

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Feeling the growl again

5/26 -- spaniel -- Bad Axe Memorial Day 10K -- sub-33, 1OA, CR

This is my hometown race...the first road race I ever did was the 1-mile fun run there.  RD is my HS coach.  CR is low-33s somewhere, run 20+ years ago.  Last attempt I failed to break 34 but ran a 1:10-low HM the next weekend...can't do that now, but let's home my 10K speed is better.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

1st time poster to the hurtlocker....

KerCanDo70 - May 19 - Ironman Texas, The Woodlands, TX - 12:30:00

The truth is that I'll be happy with a finish that's 2+ hours slower than that time.

(On May 20, I may change my profile to KerCanDo140)

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

C-R

I would actually call that a pretty challenging goal.  Have you ever run it/been there before?  When I won it several years ago I found the course quite challenging and technical....nothing but constant turns, always accelerating, and three round trips up/down a switchbacking staircase with heavy traffic in both directions after the first lap.  The only part that is straight or flat is ~1/4 mile at the beginning and end of each lap.  

Well shit but I ain't changing my goal.

As slo said - if you want  to be a bad ass then do what the bad asses do. Or if I want to piss with the big dogs I better get off the porch.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

C-R

5/26 -- spaniel -- Bad Axe Memorial Day 10K -- sub-33, 1OA, CR

This is my hometown race...the first road race I ever did was the 1-mile fun run there.  RD is my HS coach.  CR is low-33s somewhere, run 20+ years ago.  Last attempt I failed to break 34 but ran a 1:10-low HM the next weekend...can't do that now, but let's home my 10K speed is better.

Damnit man. I pick a shitty weekend to be out of town for a soccer tourney

Get In Gear 10k this Sat.

< 40 mins

I should be able to, I think. I dunno.

5/26 -- spaniel -- Bad A$$ Memorial Day 10K -- sub-33, 1OA, CR

FTFY.

C-R

Get In Gear 10k this Sat.

< 40 mins

I should be able to, I think. I dunno.