3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who had a good workout this week? (Read 2359 times)

DoppleBock

I want to run in "The Park", but not until the weekend prior to Thanksgiving.

Also, CR, you need to come out and run in that park with us.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

C-R

Yup and I will be healed up and back into it again by then.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Yes.  I would like a redo...

steph  

Feeling the growl again

My wife wants the shirt.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

DoppleBock

I would actually just love to "Do" this year.  Last year was a long drive to drink and spectate.

Yes.  I would like a redo...

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Prince of Fatness

Last year was a long drive to drink and spectate.

I swore off marathons a few years ago but have wanted to get down there for the "race".  This quote here sounds like a good goal.  One of these years.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Ran my first tempo yesterday since last August.  Half an hour.  Pace ended up being about 10 seconds per mile faster than then.  Makes sense as the running has been consistent this year.  The weather is finally starting to cooperate and I've been able to get in a few 10+ milers in the last few weeks (funny how that's a big deal now).

Anyway, I have a half marathon the first weekend in November so I am now looking to turn it up a notch.  Need to get those tempos up to 45 minutes in a couple of weeks and bang them out in October.  Onward.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Nice.  I bet you're more of a runner than I am now.  Smile

Just got back from Tokyo tonight.  Funny thing is I run more on the road than at home.  Humid as hell but got a couple runs in early.  Sucks getting lost in one of the world's largest cities and nobody speaks English to give you directions back....kind of doubles the run distance.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Prince of Fatness

The weather is finally starting to cooperate .

Um, no.

35 minute tempo, temperature 89, dew point 65.  WTF?

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Due to work I havenlt run in a week and a half.  Of course it's my fault for having kids and feeling obligated to be a parent on the rare occasions I am actually home.

There was a point in my running career that I lauded my work ethic and boasted how I was so fast because I simply worked harder than everybody else and made up for lack of talent.  Then at some point I questioned myself and wondered if I wasn't just more talented than I gave myself credit for.

Now 2.5 years removed from serious training, it is quite obvious that I was not being modest.  Anything I did was directly related to training load and not talent.  I know guys who ran sub 15 5Ks off under 50 mpw training, it took 120 mpw for me to do that.  Back myself off to 30-40 mpw and I'm no better than a lot of hobby joggers.  I wonder if I could run a 19min 5K today.

Prince of Fatness

Well I think that it takes talent to maximize your physical abilities, and I'm not just talking about not being lazy.

You have talent dude.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Well I think that it takes talent to maximize your physical abilities, and I'm not just talking about not being lazy.

You have talent dude.

There is shallow talent and deep talent.  Mine's deep.  Dudes who run sub-15 off 40-50mpw had shallow talent.  Those dudes who step on the track for the first time freshman year of high school and run a sub-5 mile are shallow talent.

Prince of Fatness

Ran my first tempo yesterday since last August.  Half an hour.  Pace ended up being about 10 seconds per mile faster than then.  Makes sense as the running has been consistent this year.  The weather is finally starting to cooperate and I've been able to get in a few 10+ milers in the last few weeks (funny how that's a big deal now).

Anyway, I have a half marathon the first weekend in November so I am now looking to turn it up a notch.  Need to get those tempos up to 45 minutes in a couple of weeks and bang them out in October.  Onward.

Training went OK and almost all of the hay is in the barn.  Half is two weeks from yesterday.

Saturday I went out for my last long run before the race and was reminded how much difference a little cool weather makes.  It was 45 crisp degrees when I set out.  I had planned on going out an hour and turning around .... ensuring a two hour cap on the run.  I was able to get into a grove and ran further the first hour than intended.  Still negative split by 4 minutes.  I ended up with 12.5 miles at a pace 8 seconds faster than the half marathon that I ran last fall. That caught me by surprise as October has been mostly warm and humid and I just wasn't feeling it running in that crap.  So here's hoping for good weather on race day.

Not at it at all. 

kcam

Training went OK and almost all of the hay is in the barn.  Half is two weeks from yesterday.

Saturday I went out for my last long run before the race and was reminded how much difference a little cool weather makes.  It was 45 crisp degrees when I set out.  I had planned on going out an hour and turning around .... ensuring a two hour cap on the run.  I was able to get into a grove and ran further the first hour than intended.  Still negative split by 4 minutes.  I ended up with 12.5 miles at a pace 8 seconds faster than the half marathon that I ran last fall. That caught me by surprise as October has been mostly warm and humid and I just wasn't feeling it running in that crap.  So here's hoping for good weather on race day.

Even 'OK' training will do that, ya know.  Hammering yourself into oblivion NOT REQUIRED (apologies to my fellow hurtlocker hammerheads!). Congrats on the progress.  Good luck on that half!

Feeling the growl again

Nice.  So the race is upon us, no?