3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who had a good workout this week? (Read 2359 times)

Feeling the growl again

DB sighting!!! Good to hear from you.

I'm also de-fatting, but not so diligent about the miles.  Things are going in a positive direction over the past couple weeks…now to extend...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

DoppleBock

Thanks -

I am not looking to be as Fast, Far or mileage pig like before.  I am looking to enjoy long runs in the woods, walks on the the beach and hiking up downhill ski runs ... I do like Pina-Coladas

I just miss being semi-fit.

DB sighting!!! Good to hear from you.

I'm also de-fatting, but not so diligent about the miles.  Things are going in a positive direction over the past couple weeks…now to extend...

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Thanks -

I am not looking to be as Fast, Far or mileage pig like before.  I am looking to enjoy long runs in the woods, walks on the the beach and hiking up downhill ski runs ... I do like Pina-Coladas

Couldn't ask for anything more. Just spent two weeks in Oregon and Washington and didn't fret about whether I was going to run or not. It was great getting out there when time allowed. The trails were awesome and there was some good elevation thrown in at times.  i must say hat I enjoyed my runs in the woods.  Had the opportunity to take the 10 yo out on the trails and he absolutely loved it.

Feeling the growl again

This is it for me.  I doubt I'll ever run a sub-16 5K, likely not a sub-2:40 marathon again.  But when my clothes don't fit and I don't have the endurance to do other things I used to do…stuff has to change.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

8 miles in low-48.. Damn hot out there.. Almost melted on the last one.

And we run because we like it
            Through the broad bright land

8 miles in low-48.. Damn hot out there.. Almost melted on the last one.

Good to see there is at least one person out there still doing workouts!  This summer has been a rough one with the heat and humidity. I've actually succumbed to running indoors a few times.

Did my first tempo run in what feels like forever. 6 miles at ~5:50 pace. Gotta start somewhere but realizing that I only have 8 weeks of training before the fall marathon did not make me feel any better.

Prince of Fatness

Good to see there is at least one person out there still doing workouts!  This summer has been a rough one with the heat and humidity. I've actually succumbed to running indoors a few times.

I have to run afternoons during the week and it's been tough.  Just logging miles, no workouts.  My half is quickly approaching (9/11).  Mileage is decent but the only good work that I am getting in is fast finishing my long runs.  I suppose that is something.

Not at it at all. 

Annnd.... you are already running faster than me...

What is the marathon goal?

Did my first tempo run in what feels like forever. 6 miles at ~5:50 pace. Gotta start somewhere but realizing that I only have 8 weeks of training before the fall marathon did not make me feel any better.

Annnd.... you are already running faster than me...

What is the marathon goal?

I highly doubt that. At this point, the goal is A BQ with a comfortable margin (BQ-20). The only thing going for me is that I'm now an official master's runner.

Outside of that, I have my first Olympic distance tri Labor a day weekend.  Hoping for the AG win and a time less than 2:10. Figured that I should be able to get the swim and run done in about an hour. That leaves me 1:10 for the 40k ride and transitions. Realistically, I need to be able to average around 23 mph on the Nike and then be able to run a 10k at a 5:40-5:50 pace.

Feeling the growl again

I highly doubt that. At this point, the goal is A BQ with a comfortable margin (BQ-20). The only thing going for me is that I'm now an official master's runner.

Outside of that, I have my first Olympic distance tri Labor a day weekend.  Hoping for the AG win and a time less than 2:10. Figured that I should be able to get the swim and run done in about an hour. That leaves me 1:10 for the 40k ride and transitions. Realistically, I need to be able to average around 23 mph on the Nike and then be able to run a 10k at a 5:40-5:50 pace.

I've fallen so far I would be STOKED to run a flat 10K at 6min pace...

Prince of Fatness

I've fallen so far I would be STOKED to run a flat 10K at 6min pace...

I'd be happy with a couple of hundred meters at that pace.

Not at it at all. 

four miles in 22:59.. tired..

its still really hot here.

four miles in 22:59.. tired..

its still really hot here.

Remind me in the dead of winter if I complain about the cold on how much I can't stand running in the heat and humidity.  Did 16 on Saturday. When I was done, I hopped on the scale and it read 145. Considering my normal weight right now is ~152, losing that much wasn't good. That's even with taking fluids during the run.

+1.  I ran a 10K last Saturday on the Des Plaines River Trail (I think you're a fellow Illinois guy) and suffered miserably.  I'm gearing up for Chicago in October and just hoping it isn't a repeat of Boston relative to normal temperatures and humidity.  I'm finding my shoes make an annoying squishing sound after ten miles or so due to all the sweat that pours down my body, ultimately collecting in my shoes.  Yep, that's super.  3 X 1600 tonight at 5K pace (~5:20) so naturally, it is another 80% humidity day today outside Chicago.

Remind me in the dead of winter if I complain about the cold on how much I can't stand running in the heat and humidity.  Did 16 on Saturday. When I was done, I hopped on the scale and it read 145. Considering my normal weight right now is ~152, losing that much wasn't good. That's even with taking fluids during the run.