3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

September 2014 racing thread (Read 33 times)

Good day for the Behr family. It was a little warm out there but still a good morning for racing. The little cubs had just a bit of nervous energy before the race. They were ready to go. They both completely smashed their goal.

Me- 1OA- 16:29
    8yo boy- 22:29 vs goal of 23, 1ag
    Mamma- 22:48 (she did her long run yesterday), 1ag
    10yo girl- 24:26 vs goal of 30, 1ag

It was a good day and I'm a proud papa Behr!

Brilliant set of results all round! - only 4sec off your 5k PR, bodes well for a strong PR next time out.

Ran 39:01 for my XC race and 4th behind 3 strong runners (1st old fart).  Off tired legs this gives me confidence for next weekend.  Stiff hips today from all the ups and downs so I need to back off seriously now and trust the training.

Wow. That is awesome. I just started running with my 8yo guy, 1.5 miles the last 3 weekends, as he's "training" for a 2k xc race in Nov.

22:29 is incredible. We get around the 1.5 in a little over 10 minute pace. Your little dude must have the fire.

Quite a day for the fam though. Really cool.

Both kids are pretty active.  Little do they know, the soccer, swimming and biking that they do throughout the week is building pretty good fitness.  Got to looking at their results late last night.  The little guy opened with a 6:35 mile and then ran a 7:26 and 7:36 for miles 2 and 3.  Don't have splits for the daughter as she didn't want to know pace throughout.  Her 24:26 was almost 6 minutes ahead of her closest age group competitor.

It was a solo effort for me yesterday.  First mile was 5:02 and after 1.5, I kinda settled in the tempo effort range.  Just didn't have it in me to push it and make things hurt.  Need to work on that.  I certainly left time on the course.