3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Hello (updated newest results ) (Read 478 times)

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

I've never in my adult life ever had a "normal" EKG. I had a stress test in 2006 and it showed I had an "athletic" heart. Anyway I have to have a stress test again and they can't get me in until Wed which means surgery is off and if everything looks good I'll be able to call in next week to reschedule. 

That sucks, Pam, truly.  Seems like docs don't want to messs around at all if they see something unusual on those EKGs, despite previous history.  My bro is a perfusionist at Yale and he sees reschedules like this just about every week.  They'd rather take a chance on another few days than risk having something happen on the table.  Here's hoping everything shows up as non-issues on your stress test, and they schedule you in as soon as possible.  Just keep reminding them all that they told you to get in ASAP to get this surgery done.  And if there's anything you need, give a shout.  You have a bunch of us just a few hours away, at most.  Stay strong !

C-R

Good grief Pam. Hopefully it will only be a slight delay.

My FIL (Doctor) says there is no such thing as a "minor surgery" or "procedure". Anytime anesthesia is involved it is a big deal and they get cautious.

Hang in there.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

You're too frickin healthy to risk surgery?  I'd be upset too but just jump thru their hoops and get it done.  Good luck.

Yeah, nobody wants to get sued, so they do it by the book....even when the book doesn't make 100% sense. Good luck!

I've had some "light bulb" moments over the past 2 days and I believe it's a good thing that they had me do a stress test. My blood pressure first thing this morning was 117/90.  There were a couple other appointments where the bottom number was 90 or above. Also way back when I first had my spinal cord injury I was having problems with BP though the medication was blamed. I'm starting to think that maybe just maybe it has to do with the cord compression.   Anyway it took a couple of minutes at 5 MPH and 18% grade to get my heart rate up to 150 which is what they needed it to reach to consider it a successful test. I was told to keep going until I was done. Well  what I hadn't told them was that I started feeling pressure in my head probably 8 or so minutes into the test and the last straw was when I felt dizzy. I left the hospital upset and not so sure not as confidant about the test as I wanted too or had the last time I had a stress test. Guess I'll have the results by Friday.

On other news I found out yesterday that I am a slow healer. I had my stitches removed just to have steri strips to replace them. I'm healing on the inside but not on the outside and I was told it could be 3 maybe 4 weeks for it to heel. So no exercise of any kind any time soon.  Though I believe 12 oz curls aren't out of the question so I'll be starting a workout with those tonight.

Thanks guys for letting me putting up with my "drama" 

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

DoppleBock

Wow - Lots of stuff.  No definate answer yet.  I pray that it comes together soon.

Although running is not my life - But a part of it.  I feel priveledged and blessed to have me as the only reason I do not get my runs or training done. 

I hope soon you are back in that situation.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Pam I really  hope and pray that you are able to get all of this strait soon!

steph  

Well stress test was positive for ischemia. Not sure what to think. I have an appointment with a cardiologist on Monday. Hopefully it's nothing as I  my cholesterol levels have been great, I'm in no way close to obese, I don't smoke and other than a week or two here or there I've been active. Fingers crossed that I get the all clear at Mondays appointment!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Pam I really  hope and pray that you are able to get all of this strait soon!

Thanks Steph!

Wow - Lots of stuff.  No definate answer yet.  I pray that it comes together soon.

Although running is not my life - But a part of it.  I feel priveledged and blessed to have me as the only reason I do not get my runs or training done. 

I hope soon you are back in that situation.

Thanks DB!

I feel the same thing about running WHEN I'm able to run. I really hope I am able to get back to it.

Feeling the growl again

Still praying for you here.  When you're gong through hell.....keep going!!!   Big grin

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

Fingers crossed that I get the all clear at Mondays appointment!

I'll cross mine, too.  Hang in there Pam.

Not at it at all. 

I'll cross mine, too.  Hang in there Pam.

+2

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

C-R

Crossing fingers and saying a prayer or two for you. All the best rocken.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Thinking of you and keeping as much as possible crossed for you.  Hang in there and although it may feel as though you're going backwards right now, remember that you're beginning to get answers and that in itself is progress on the road back to rowing, running and everything else.  Thanks for keeping us updated.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Good luck Pam.  Don't be afraid to reach out to your RA family.  We're all here for you and hoping for the best.  If you need support, encouragement or an outlet to vent, we're here.  We'll keep our prayers going for you.