3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

I Am Curmudgeon -- Get Off My Lawn (Read 48 times)

Feeling the growl again

What was the price prior to race day?

Not much cheaper, I forget but $5-10 less.  Still way too steep for a po-dunk HM that MIGHT get 200 people in it.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Slo

I was on a race committee for an inaugural Half Marathon / 10k / 5k.

The Timing company which also owned the online registration service had the RD convinced that if he was going to allow race day registration that he should jack the prices way up. They would prefer no race day sign up.

I fought like hell to allow race registration and not jack the price up.

Of course the Online registration company wants you signing up online. That's how they make thier money. They do not charge the race a single cent.

Of course the timing company does not race day registration. That means each app has to be manually entered into thier database vs doing an import from the online registration list. - More work for them - - More chance for error too -

In 2011, we had 73 race day registrations...at $45 a pop. This was the difference between break even and taking a loss.

I eventually ended up getting fired from the race committee...thier third year was last week. That's the race I missed. Race day registration was an extra $10...go f'in figure