3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

October Racing Thread (Read 1318 times)

Feeling the growl again

Ah, fall....

Goal                                                                                                                                           Result

rabutler -- 10/1 -- Wine at the Line 5-miler -- sub-46, drink wine                             44:52, vino check

Amores Perros -- 10/2 -- 26.2K -- 6:50 pace                                                                          6:44

mbehr -- 10/2 -- Milwaukee Marathon -- <2:45                                                                       2:41:22

spaniel -- 10/2 -- Greater Indianapolis HM -- Danville, IN -- sub-1:16                                   DNS

Dickey -- 10/8 -- 10K -- sub-35                                                                                                      34:24

KellyDodge -- 10/8 -- Cancer Firken Sucks 5k - Carson City, NV -- 21:45                            20:26

Dopplebock - 10/9 -- Glacial 50K Greenbush WI  -- sub-5, good time, no stiches/casts  4:53

willamona --10/9 -- Steamtown Marathon, Scranton, PA -- Temp. Sta. before it closes

Diamond J -- 10/16 -- Baystate Marathon -- sub-2:35                                                            2:41:34

rockenmanof5 -- 10/23 -- D&L Heritage Half Marathon -- 1:40:48

beef -- 10/22 -- Knobstone Mini -- sub-2

NaderAlfie -- 10/22 -- Pequannock Half Marathon, Pequannock, NJ - sub-90                 1:30:11

spaniel -- 10/22 -- Des Plaines Trail 50-Mile -- 6:20:00                                                       DNF at 37 miles

Diamond J -- 10/29 -- Pumkin Fest 5K, ME -- PR                                                              bad course, who cares

CliveF -- 10/29 -- Fall Harvest 5K -- sub-21, recall how to race                                             20:55

TeaOlive -- 10/29 --  Broad Street Ramble 10k  Augusta Ga.    51:30                                51:08.4

TonyP -- 10/29 -- Beach to Battleship Ironman -- finish, <12hrs                                      12:11:56

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Ostrich runner

Haven't heard of that one...could be a nice change. Who knows about the baby schedule though.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Feeling the growl again

Haven't heard of that one...could be a nice change. Who knows about the baby schedule though.

I ran the Mini 3 days after my 1st was born 6 weeks premature on about 4 hours of sleep across those 3 days, while she was in the NICU...

Wink

The hospital staff thought I was insane.

There's another half north of Noblesville in Arcadia in a few weeks, it's on indyrunners.org.

The Danville race could be very interesting, depending what the course is.  It would be anything from relatively flat to pretty challenging depending where they route it.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Ostrich runner

I probably am not racing much of anything I can't do day of or night before registration. I will probably do one of Huff, Tecumseh, or Louisville Loving the Hills later on...I doubt I'm going to break my road marathon cherry yet as it has been hard to really structure training lately. It's just sort of one day at a time. Ideally I'll do two hms this fall, one each on road and trail.

10/2 - Milwaukee Marathon --  Goal TBD

I need to see how the next three weeks go before I throw some crap numbers out there for a goal.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

The Danville race could be very interesting, depending what the course is.  It would be anything from relatively flat to pretty challenging depending where they route it.

The course map is here: http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/38492468/

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Ostrich runner

Looks pretty flat, unless there are individual short hills I don't see. 

Feeling the growl again

Looks pretty flat, unless there are individual short hills I don't see. 

Only 100ft from highest point to lowest...so yeah, pretty flat.  Never ran south of US-36.  If they had routed it north of 36 it would have been very easy for them to capture the two biggest climbs in the county...THAT would have been significantly more challenging.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Do you have a map of where those big hills are located? I'd be curious to see where they are.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

Do you have a map of where those big hills are located? I'd be curious to see where they are.

Biggest hill in Hendricks County is between mile markers 3 and 4 on this map.  I could see at least one other to the west of me as I ran that hill, I think the one that shows up around mile marker 10.  Elevation goes from ~900 up to ~100 feet.  Not Leadville-esque, I know, but a decent climb for central Indy.

MTA:  Ugh, resolution came out horrible, but hopefully you can squint out Danville there and the route running up to the northwest...as you go north on 39 out of Danville it's the road with a sign pointing to North Salem...you can't miss the hill, it's got several radio towers on top.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Got it. Thanks. Using Google maps, if you turn on terrain, you can see the two 1000 ft elevation areas.

10/2

Maine Marathon

Portland, ME

2:35 and/or podium

10/16

Baystate Marathon

Lowell, MA

2:35

Sometimes life gets in the way...

Goals for 2013: sub 18 5K; stay healthy

Hawt and sexy

October 9th. Steamtown in Scranton, PA. If it goes in front of your house, you might as well run it. I am running as a tourist this year. It's a training run for my Dec. race, and I am stopping and taking pics along the way.  Goal is to get to the Temptation Station before it closes.

I'm touching your pants.

Oct-23 D&L Heritage Half Marathon. Goal= 1:40:48

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Hawt and sexy

Hey rocken. What about that 30K? Wanna?

I'm touching your pants.