3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Interesting (Read 52 times)

C-R

Only caveat should have been that it shows who has the most sponsorship money to provide (Nike) but I run in the Streak 2 and love 'em. So I'm getting close to elite baby.

http://sneakerreport.com/news/first-100-shoes-cross-nyc-marathon-finish-line/

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

kcam

Totally dominated by Nike and Adidas.  I notice that 90% of the Kenyans use Nike stuff.  Very surprisingly, I saw two entries for the Puma FAAS 400 which is a shoe I wear-tested for Puma.  I thought it was one of the best ever shoes I've worn in terms of comfort, cushioning, weight and ride, though it is more of a training than a racing shoe (especially, I would think, at the highest level).  Surprised to see a few Brooks T7s in there, too.  Not a fan of those shoes though lots of people like them.

lagwagon

Cool article.  Not too surprising to see the Brooks, a number of those guys are sponsored by them (Ryan Vail, etc).  I am surprised at the weaker positions of Asics and Mizuno compared to the top 2...they seem to have big marketing budgets, I guess they just dont put them so much against pro sponsorships?

<colgroup><col width="92" /> <col width="109" /> </colgroup>
        Row Labels Count of Runner
        Adidas 26
        Nike 24
        Brooks 12
        Asics 10
        New Balance 9
        Saucony 8
        Mizuno 5
        Diadora 2
        Puma 2
        Sketchers 1
        Newton 1
        Grand Total 100

Sketchers and Puma?  Who on the hell races or even runs in those?

Cool to the breakdown though. I've been racing in the Saucony fastwitch for about 6 yr now and like those. Of course, I haven't had the luxury of trying any others.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Meb races in Skechers. They made a racing flat for him to his specs.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

mikey.

steph  

Hey! I resemble that remark. I really, really like the Gorun2's. On my second pair now. Marathonged in them. Great. Short races, great. Everyday shoe, great. Super light, comfortable. Really the only downside is you can feel every pebble in the road, so you really can't take them on the trail at all.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
                C-R

Meb races in Skechers. They made a racing flat for him to his specs.

Serious question here. How customized are these and different from the mass production models?

In pro-golf, the big boys and girls have custom fitted clubs that are made to the players specs. They slap a logo on them but you and I will never ever see that type of club (unless you steal a bag from the course or airport). So the clubs on the rack have only one thing in common with the ones in the bag - the name/logo.

Same for running shoes like Meb?

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Serious question here. How customized are these and different from the mass production models?

Runblogger on this topic.

steph  

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

In pro-golf, the big boys and girls have custom fitted clubs that are made to the players specs. They slap a logo on them but you and I will never ever see that type of club (unless you steal a bag from the course or airport). So the clubs on the rack have only one thing in common with the ones in the bag - the name/logo.

From what I recall seeing in articles, Meb's personal shoe is built on a narrower last, but is otherwise the same shoe. Runblogger has a review of it.

http://www.runblogger.com/2013/02/skechers-gorun-speed-aka-gomeb-review.html

MTA: Damn. Can't run. Can't post. Crap.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

C-R

MTA: Damn. Can't run. Can't post. Crap.

You can still drink though. Based on Untappd. Wink

So not all is lost.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

You can still drink though. Based on Untappd. Wink

So not all is lost.

True, but that pretty much eliminates me from participating in the weight loss thread.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

True, but that pretty much eliminates me from participating in the weight loss thread.

Yeah, I don't even want to talk about the weight loss thread.  All I've

done is gain since I joined it last year Confused

steph  

Yeah, I don't even want to talk about the weight loss thread.  All I've

done is gain since I joined it last year Confused

Reverse psychology: Call it the weight gain thread, and you'll all be wafer-thin before you know it.

MTA: Damn. Can't run. Can't post. Can crap.

At least you got the important one in your favor.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau