3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

100 Push Up Challenge (Read 1574 times)

Feeling the growl again

W6 C2 D1 max=52.  Passed but really need to take some extra rest this week.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Well, big fat fail on repeating W3 C2 D1 on Saturday - didn't even get through the fourth set.  Trying again tonight - hoping to make it to the last (max) set at least. I don't feel as sore now as I did Saturday, so I've got that going for me, anyway.

Saturday - W4C3D1, Max 40

Today - W4C3D2, Max 36 (hit the minimum number on the last set but barely)

D3 will be tough.  I think I'll give myself an extra day rest and go for it on Thursday.

Feeling the growl again

W6 C2 D2 max=64.  Apparently Yazoo Porter has the perfect carb mix for between set recovery.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I didn't get any pushups done while on vacation.  I was just thankful to get in a little running!

Did an exhaustion test this morning and got to thirty three.  

So, I will start over with W5, C1, D1 tomorrow or next day.

steph  

Feeling the growl again

W6 C2 D3 max=57.  On to W6 C3, perhaps only another ~10 days to go....

So I finished the program, and improved by 30... barely.  I waited about 10 days after doing Week 6, day 3, column 3, (with 87 at the end) because I had an unexpected race come up and blah blah blah blah blah... excuses, excuses... but the fact is, I did 100... not 101, not 100.5... 100.  I have two races this weekend, so I've only done one pushup workout and will try to do MORE than100  in the next week or 2.

Some of you have a really good chance to beat me to 101.  Keep pushing!

Feeling the growl again

So I finished the program, and improved by 30... barely.  I waited about 10 days after doing Week 6, day 3, column 3, (with 87 at the end) because I had an unexpected race come up and blah blah blah blah blah... excuses, excuses... but the fact is, I did 100... not 101, not 100.5... 100.  I have two races this weekend, so I've only done one pushup workout and will try to do MORE than100  in the next week or 2.

All right Tony!

Who's next?

C-R

Alright Tony.

I too took a couple of lazy days and got back on the plan this morning with W6-C3.

Who's next? spaniel, happy?

Oh and I plan to continue the W6 part as a normal weekly workout once I get past 100. I kind of like this and I'm trying to see if there is still an open slot for the Gun Show.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Fell off the wagon and did no pushups last 10 days as I was sore from some yard work at home and our firm Impact day (shoveling truck loads of dirt/mulch does not agree with a 130 lb runner).

Going back to W6 C2 D1 today as I don't think can do any more than that right now.   

Feeling the growl again

Alright Tony.

I too took a couple of lazy days and got back on the plan this morning with W6-C3.

Who's next? spaniel, happy?

Oh and I plan to continue the W6 part as a normal weekly workout once I get past 100. I kind of like this and I'm trying to see if there is still an open slot for the Gun Show.

Looks like you or me then.  I'm not racing to the finish.  I figure my final max test will be a week from tomorrow (Friday).  One day rest between workouts then two before maxing.

I'll likely go back to more weight work after this but will still pop out a max set from time to time to see where I'm at.  I don't know though, I've realized how aerobic these 9-set pushup workouts get....that probably does good things for upper body endurance I don't get from weights.   If I ever find the opportunity to swim it would likely help with that.

Starting over is no fun.  That W6 C2 D1 stuff just about killed me, but got it done.  52 max.  Didn't feel like this a week ago, Thanks to this tread, I got back on the wagon I hope.

obsessor

Back in my "running days" I did this thing every year where I would do as many push ups as I could right when I rolled out of bed, starting on January 1st. It was usually in the 30's range. Then the next morning I would do it again, and usually by the end of February I could do 100. Maybe March, early some time. I would keep it up through March, then lay off until the next year. After that initial 100, it would be anywhere between 70 and "rarely" again 100, depending how tired I was. Seemed like it was always super hard to get from 50 to 70, then it was just general misery after that, if I could get over 70. It never seemed easy. Never gave a thought to it being a program.

Done with Week 4: W4C3D3, Final Set- 40

Hit the minimum number on the final set again.  Going for a max test on Sunday to see where I'm at.

Feeling the growl again

Done with Week 4: W4C3D3, Final Set- 40

Hit the minimum number on the final set again.  Going for a max test on Sunday to see where I'm at.

Outstanding.

W6 C3 D1 max=57.  That was a tough one.  Nice to know that I was able to do 100 total in the first two sets with just that 60sec break in there.