3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

100 Push Up Challenge (Read 1574 times)

Ostrich runner

Wait dude, you sat through 75 videos of random dudes doing pushups?

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

my video is up and open for criticism, and I provided the link.

I can do 80 right now and haven't trained in over 2 yrs.  But I know the last last 15 are the hardest.

I know I am a jerk, but please understand many people have tried and few have ever completed this challenge with good form.

Alot of people THINK they are doing them correctly, but don't realize the truth until they see themselves on video.

Elbows have to go down to 90degree angle and then to full extension on the way up, no pauses. 

If this were easy there wouldn't be so many forums and videos on youtube of people trying and giving up.

Running credintials aren't the same as strength training creds.  In running you have time chips and strength training you have word of mouth.

I see lots of people doing pushups or lifting weights incorrectly, probably myself included at times.  But I can't beat a time chip or video as proof.

What?  No pauses?   

steph  

Feeling the growl again

I can do 80 right now and haven't trained in over 2 yrs.  But I know the last last 15 are the hardest.

How do we know that's you?  No DNA sample, it didn't happen.

Thanks for the voice of experience.  Here the whole time I thought the first 15 were the hardest.

If you're going to school us all, the instructions are in the first post.  Join up and show how it's done.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I ran a marathon in under 2hrs and 30 minutes, I just forgot to put the time chip on before I started.  But believe me, my kids saw me leave at 8am and finish beore 10:30am.

Funny thing is, there are a couple of folks in this forum that have run a marathon in under 2:30. With timing chips even. Not me, of course. I can't even run a marathon.

Welcome to the forum. There's a good group of folks here.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

I can't even run a marathon.

Uh-oh, I smell another stupid stunt coming on.... Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

W3 C1 D1 worked out much better for me.  Got a max of 26 at the end,  which is more than I was able to do on my initial test a couple of weeks ago. Pretty surprised at that, considering I had already done 36 total in the initial 4 sets - I didn't expect to see that much improvement from just a few workouts.  On to Day Two!

Also managed to recruit three other guys and three girls into the challenge at my club's run last night.  They did their initial test, and we're going to keep going three days a week & see who improves most, and who completes first.  One guy has done the program before, and one is ex-military, so my money is on one of them right now. 

I know I am a jerk, but please understand many people have tried and few have ever completed this challenge with good form.

Alot of people THINK they are doing them correctly, but don't realize the truth until they see themselves on video.

Elbows have to go down to 90degree angle and then to full extension on the way up, no pauses. 

If this were easy there wouldn't be so many forums and videos on youtube of people trying and giving up.

Running credintials aren't the same as strength training creds.  In running you have time chips and strength training you have word of mouth.

I see lots of people doing pushups or lifting weights incorrectly, probably myself included at times.  But I can't beat a time chip or video as proof.

Oh yay, look at you. You can do perfect push-ups.

I've showered and had lunch by the time you've finished the race....so I can understand where you're coming from. I see so many people just doing it wrong. I have no idea why they bother if they can't do it right.

Feeling the growl again

I've showered and had lunch by the time you've finished the race....so I can understand where you're coming from. I see so many people just doing it wrong. I have no idea why they bother if they can't do it right.

LOL.  Someone just got chicked...

Feeling the growl again

W3 C1 D1 worked out much better for me.  Got a max of 26 at the end,  which is more than I was able to do on my initial test a couple of weeks ago. Pretty surprised at that, considering I had already done 36 total in the initial 4 sets - I didn't expect to see that much improvement from just a few workouts.  On to Day Two!

Also managed to recruit three other guys and three girls into the challenge at my club's run last night.  They did their initial test, and we're going to keep going three days a week & see who improves most, and who completes first.  One guy has done the program before, and one is ex-military, so my money is on one of them right now. 

Great!  The improvement curve really starts to steepen once you get into it a-ways.

C-R

Thanks a lot Candice. Now I have to clean up the soda from my keyboard. HehWink

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Wink

Zing!

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

92 max today, I blame the zero sleep Tuesday night, and drive to Atlanta and back (9+ hours) yesterday.  Should've tried it when better rested, but I'll get to the finish line this week.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

LOL.  Someone just got chicked...

Smile

steph  

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Uh-oh, I smell another stupid stunt coming on.... Wink

I don't think so. I'm not that stupid yet. Although I do keep getting stupider every year. Big grin

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.