3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

100 Push Up Challenge (Read 1574 times)

C-R

Alright. Just finished the initial test. 47 for this 46 year old geezer. Guess I'll start in Week 2 Column 3 on Monday.

WG - how you keepin tabs on this? And more improtabtly - is there beer on the line here?

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Kalsarikännit

WG - how you keepin tabs on this? And more improtabtly - is there beer on the line here?

I'm not providing the beer.  It's gonna take me 4 months to get through this thing.  I'd owe all you fools beer.  I can't afford my own alcoholism.

Just tell me when you successfully complete a week.  I will put it after your name as being done.  I don't give a damn what column it is in.  I know a few people that have done this and sometimes you have to repeat a week's plan for a couple of weeks to get some good push ups down.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Kalsarikännit

Hopefully we will have more people in it before next week.

*cough*Maine*cough*

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

What the fuck are you people talking about?

C-R

It has nothing to do with bringing the fires of hell to a race there Heat Mizer. You wouldnt get it.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Kalsarikännit

We are working on this.  Would you care to join?

Count me in...I'm already doing a shit ton of PT exercises so might as well add in some pushups.

No Talent Drips

Hopefully we will have more people in it before next week.

*cough*Maine*cough*

Is this a "turn your head and cough" cough? If so, this Maintuckian is in.

I knew there was a reason I rarely checked in here. 

Dei Gratia

Starting with column 1 when your fitness is good enough to start with 2 or 3 would be like Spaniel starting a 5k training program with something like couch to 5k.  He COULD do it, and it would be easier for the weeks he did it, but eventually he'd have to do the real work to push his limits enough for growth.

Until you provide enough stimulus, your body has no need to adapt.

OK, I got another question about that plan.  Why would anyone want to follow column 3 or even 2, if the end goal is to do 100 pushups, and doing the column 1 gets us there.  

This is the line of thinking that one develops working 15 years in IT (getting away with doing the absolute minimum required)

Now that's funny.  "Heatmizer: Bringing the fires of hell to a marathon near you."

It has nothing to do with bringing the fires of hell to a race there Heat Mizer. You wouldnt get it.
                      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

TonyP would think it less funny if he were in Boston the other day.

Exactly... that's the difference between humor and tragedy. It was a tragedy when you brought it to CMM in 2009.

A Saucy Wench

Nice

Trent wants the 100 calf raise challenge. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Prince of Fatness

I am going to wuss out of this, although you have inspired me to add pushups to my core routine.  Thanks for the link, WG.

Speaking of pushups, Monday when I did just 10 (that's right) I felt a stabbing pain in my lower abdomen.  WTF?  It almost had me thinking hernia or something.  I was able to finish my core routine but the area was sore to the touch.  I was able to do pushups yesterday without noticing it much and the pain is almost gone now, but still, with all of the shit that I have been dealing with injury wise this had me thinking, "What's next?".

I saw the sports chiro again yesterday and mentioned this.  He checked me out and did not think that it was anything major.  He suggested that I lay face up on an exercise ball to get a good stretch before my routine.  I tried that and am not sure how much it helped, but the stretch sure felt good.

Not at it at all.