3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

100 Push Up Challenge (Read 1574 times)

C-R

102, I am done!  I really wanted another couple to hammer it home but it simply was not there.  My pecs are burning (they are the weakest link now) and I feel like I just ran a 400m all-out.

On to the next stupid challenge.

Boo ya. Way to go spaniel.

How 'bout this for the next stunt. Beer mile and push up duathalon. July 14th seems a good day.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Boo ya. Way to go spaniel.

How 'bout this for the next stunt. Beer mile and push up duathalon. July 14th seems a good day.

I am up for dropping for a set at the conclusion of the beer mile.

Actually, you're stealing my idea for the December 2012 throw-down...combo of improvement over the mile and in pushups done immediately after finishing.  Great minds think alike I guess.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

This is graduation week, Completed 100 - barely, not wanting to put myself through this another day allowed me to will my way for the last 8-10, very happy considering I could not go over 40 when we started this.

Now there is no way I am doing pushups after a beer mile.  I might drown in my own vomit. 

Feeling the growl again

This is graduation week, Completed 100 - barely, not wanting to put myself through this another day allowed me to will my way for the last 8-10, very happy considering I could not go over 40 when we started this.

Now there is no way I am doing pushups after a beer mile.  I might drown in my own vomit. 

Awesome!  Graduate #4.  Yes, the desire to have it over helped me this afternoon too, especially after getting so close this morning.

Tell you what...show up for the beer mile and I will let you out of the pushups... Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Thanks Spaniel, but you picked the one day in July that I can't go or its kind of tough logistically.  

What's the actual time of the beer mile, I might be completely wasted with the Half marathon in the morning, and a 7-8 hour drive, but I'll see if I can make it by 5 PM (can probably make that if not stopping for Lunch), then you can all have the time of your life watching me try to finish the 3rd and 4th beer, after you are done running, showered and changed.

Feeling the growl again

Thanks Spaniel, but you picked the one day in July that I can't go or its kind of tough logistically.  

What's the actual time of the beer mile, I might be completely wasted with the Half marathon in the morning, and a 7-8 hour drive, but I'll see if I can make it by 5 PM (can probably make that if not stopping for Lunch), then you can all have the time of your life watching me try to finish the 3rd and 4th beer, after you are done running, showered and changed.

3:30 or 4 was the consensus.  But the track will still be here at 5, and you would have a hell of a cheering section on hand (and still make the party).

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Congrats HF and Spaniel!

W3C1D2, max 19 on Friday.  Trying to complete my first week column tonight.

Any of you graduates plan to keep doing workouts and see how high of a count you can get?

Feeling the growl again

Congrats HF and Spaniel!

W3C1D2, max 19 on Friday.  Trying to complete my first week column tonight.

Any of you graduates plan to keep doing workouts and see how high of a count you can get?

C-R is apparently on a mission for 125. 

I plan on switching to weights and go through a multi-month training plan I have there to push my bench max up.  I will likely do 1 day of pushups after every two bench days.  As the benching is more strength-oriented, I will focus the pushup day more on the aerobic part (like Week 6 D2/3 type of stuff).  My guess is that I will still see my pushups improve by approaching it this way.

I also want to add in back/bicep work for a more rounded approach.

C-R

Yeah - I'm still at it. I plan to continue working in Week 6 and adding push ups to the individual sets. I'm shooting for 125 and more. I guess I like the workout.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

I'll likely continue as well, at least to maintain the hard earned strength, I'll likely also try to improve my pull ups now as I recently discovered that I can't even do 7 of them, used to be able to pull off 20-25, or  3 sets of 12 before this running addiction.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Finally moving forward again.

W4-D1-C1, Final Set=18

I'll probably be repeating days to get through this. I predict I'll be done some time in 2015.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Finally moving forward again.

W4-D1-C1, Final Set=18

I'll probably be repeating days to get through this. I predict I'll be done some time in 2015.

You and me both Richard!

I started over with week 4 today since i couldn't get week 5 after two tries.  I'm having pain in the muscles

under my right arm and around right shoulder blade area which isn't helping.  MTA: Not to imply that this pain

stopped me from finishing week 5...It's a new pain.

W4-D1-C1  max- 17

steph  

C-R

Tea - when I started this my left shoulder was dodgy and sore. Now I hardly notice it. I had to push through a few workouts and now the increased strenght )IMO) has reduced something that's bothered me for. Years. Just an anecdote.

Today did W6C3D3 and added 4 to each rep. Yikes.

Spaniel!!! Congratulations man! Fast AND strawng, that's a deadly combination!

102, I am done!  I really wanted another couple to hammer it home but it simply was not there.  My pecs are burning (they are the weakest link now) and I feel like I just ran a 400m all-out.

On to the next stupid challenge.

Happyfeet! Man, that's awesome! Started at 40 and now 100. Congratulations!