3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

100 Push Up Challenge (Read 1574 times)

Feeling the growl again

I dont want to give up the rest of my lifting or my shoulder will go again so I am going to do this before the rest of it. 

That was my plan.  Most days I'll do the pushup stuff before I go into my (future) weight routine.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

DoppleBock

I do not have any impressive hardware in my body - But when I broke my radial head in my elbow last year - I sheared most the cartilage off - So Any push up makes a loud clicking sound ~ I do not think it will be a limiting factor - Just annoying.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

When do we start? Mon?

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I cheated and started already. Should I start over next week or just keep going?

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

DoppleBock

I will not do a pushup before Monday - No matter how drunk CR and Spaniel get me tomorrow.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Feeling the growl again

I cheated and started already. Should I start over next week or just keep going?

Oh just keep going.  I'll still catch your ass.  Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

C-R

I planned to start on Monday. Assuming I am properly recovered from the goofiness.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

A Saucy Wench

I did the assessment today so I could start Monday.  You wont want to assess and do day 1 on the same day. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Feeling the growl again

I did the assessment today so I could start Monday.  You wont want to assess and do day 1 on the same day. 

I wasn't going to give myself all the possible soreness before a marathon.  I plan to do the assessment Sunday, and start around Tuesday.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Oh just keep going.  I'll still catch your ass.  Wink

Bring it old man. Big grin

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

A Saucy Wench

I wasn't going to give myself all the possible soreness before a marathon.  I plan to do the assessment Sunday, and start around Tuesday.

good plan. 

You probably will progress quickly as you marathon recover.  I find running impacts pushups more than it does other upper body stuff. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Kalsarikännit

I am also starting on Monday.  I will be doing some more today to get ready.  I'm less concerned about the number and more concerned about doing really good quality ones, not speedy downdowndowndowndowndown sloppiness.  Also, I figured out that with bare feet it hurts my ankle, but it is fine in shoes, so I can do full-on "guy" push ups.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

I was gonna say that the other day when you mentioned it hurt you. Then my laptop went dead. It actually does the same to me...so I have to wear shoes too. Stupid ankles.

I'll start Mon as well.

Okay, just did the test.

I did 16 good form ones then I fell over.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Sadly, I can only do 5 good form "real" push ups.

And I''ll be starting Monday as well.

steph