3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

100 Push Up Challenge (Read 1574 times)

Stating at W4- C2, maxed out at 35 for the final rep.  

Have a feeling I'll be repeating this week until all of you catch up to me, as I have been dabbling with push ups for a while and have probably plateaued a bit here.

DoppleBock

I am not a very good rule or program follower.  I will work up to 100 my own way.

I personally find that the push up hits 3 major muscle areas - Chest, Tri-ceps and Lats.  In addition to do some specific push ups, I would more focus on getting these 3 areas stronger individually to get to the same goal.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

A Saucy Wench

I personally find that the push up hits 3 major muscle areas - Chest, Tri-ceps and Lats.  In addition to do some specific push ups, I would more focus on getting these 3 areas stronger individually to get to the same goal.

Yes. 

I actually progressed farther in the program with other weights... which is why I am not stopping them.  My current weight program has 5 circuits and today I did the pushups as a first circuit, before doing the other 5 but I am considering just making them the first exercise in each of the existing 5 circuits.   Less rest time that way. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

I did W1-C3 today.

Am I the only one starting in Week 1? Sad

Feeling the growl again

I am not a very good rule or program follower.  I will work up to 100 my own way.

Yes.

I am following the program...because the structure gives me a goal and boxes to check, which MAY overcome the laziness/busy factor that has kept me from seriously re-starting lifting for years.

However, I will to the pushup routine first, then do all the other muscl group-specific work I would do if I were not doing the challenge.  I am not a big fan of training to a single exercise. 

Except running.  Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Kalsarikännit

Heck no.  I am definitely starting on week 1.  Soon.  After 3 more cups of coffee.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Feeling the growl again

After 3 more cups of coffee.

Bah.  Lightweight.

Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I am not a big fan of training to a single exercise. 

Except running.  Wink

Always my problem too.  Plenty of critics at home to let me know that, especially with my injury-prone history.

Ostrich runner

I did W1-C3 today.

If there's an easy way, I'm gonna take it. Week 1 it is. 

I'm not sure where I would've maxed at my best. I'm sure it was around 14 years ago when playing rugby. We'd start practice in the winter, and when anyone would drop the ball, we all had to do 10. Once we were an hour or so into practice and our hands were numb, we'd do countless sets. 

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

I'm a skinny ass runner with poor upper body strength...initial test result was 35.  I've been good over the past two weeks of doing push-ups and core work anyways.  Plan is to start with Week 2.

Plan is to throw pull-ups in along the way too.  Still need to install a bar in the basement but that would require that I go buy one first.

Just done week 3 column 2.  I should have done column 3 but it looked too scary.  I'm tempted to do col 2 this week, col 3 next and then move on to somewhere suitable in week 4. 
                        I've also remembered why I dislike push-ups as it canes my wrists.  I should find my bars. 

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

I'm a skinny ass runner with poor upper body strength

Same.

We have a pull up bar...and I can do pull ups but I can't do them without Bens help holding my lower body. WEAK.

Kalsarikännit

Finished W1C3.  Crap.  I lift and I thought I was strong, but I guess not.  I guess it doesn't help that I weigh 340 lbs.  It felt like I had a 7 year old on my back.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Is it too late to get in on this mutual flagellation thing?  I inadvertently did the test during a PT session on the 13th: 16 slow, perfect-form pushups.

I'll try to start the Week 1 stuff tonight.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

D1W1C1   --  I really hate push ups.  MTA: 14 total. 

Hope that you are feeling better soon Pam!

steph