3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Your opinion please.... (Read 312 times)

Feeling the growl again

Gabriel or Nathaniel?  Either paired with Miles for a middle name (no I'm not kidding).

We don't know the sex but for the third time we're ambivalent on the boy's name.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Just a dude.

I give a slight edge to Nathaniel with no real basis for why... /shrug

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

I like Gabriel Miles H***. But there is the thing about Gabby also being a girl's name, if that is any concern to you. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Ostrich runner

Nathaniel. Gabe is too easy to mess with.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I'm with Kelly. I also like Nathan as a nickname better than Gabe.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Gotta go with Nathaniel too.  I may be biased though as our boy is named Nathan. 

Nathaniel -- "Nathaniel", "Nate" and "Nathan" all seem to go better with your last name (assuming I'm pronouncing it correctly).

Plus there's the whole spaniel/Nathaniel symmetry.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Nathaniel was the answer to a Jeopardy question tonight. I'd go with that.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Prince of Fatness

You should know better than to ask imaginary internet people for baby naming advice.

Write the names down on separate pieces of paper, put 'em in a hat, and pick one.

Not at it at all. 

C-R

I coached both a Gabe and a Nate in soccer over the past two seasons. Good kids. Not that this has anything to do with your choice but I vote for Nathan. It has a regal sound. Plus Gabe is easy to twist into something cruel as most all 6 year olds are want to do.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

8-1 so far, interesting.

We were leaning toward Nathaniel/Nate.  I can't stand Nathan.  I know it doesn't seem like much of a distinction but it is to me.

Tater, I ask imaginary internet people because if I ask IRL people it'll get back to family.....don't want any expectations or input!  This way they still don't know what the name pool is.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

DoppleBock

Nater Potater

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Another vote for Nathaniel (with Nate for short rather than Nathan).  I don't know why I prefer it, but I do.

NMH doesn't stand for anything weird either, I don't think, and that's always a bonus.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Feeling the growl again

When the kid was making her sick early on I think he(?) was on the way to being named Jack or Harry.

8-1 so far, interesting.

We were leaning toward Nathaniel/Nate.  I can't stand Nathan.  I know it doesn't seem like much of a distinction but it is to me.

Tater, I ask imaginary internet people because if I ask IRL people it'll get back to family.....don't want any expectations or input!  This way they still don't know what the name pool is.

Main comment that I have....

"Na-than-i-el" has 4 syllables.  That's a lot.  It'll be shortened (either by you, your wife, your extended family, or whomever.)

If you don't like "Nathan", then that may be a problem.

But, A "Gift of God" and "Soldier" have decent meanings.  (I like Nathaniel over Gabriel)

Gabriel = "Hero of God".

Names are difficult, because they last (obviously).  My wife has such a unique name (Shanthi) that she constantly has to explain how to spell it, how to say it, what it's country of origin is, why she was given the name, and everything else.  FWIW, it's Hindi for "Peace", and she was born in the early 1970s (she's a flower child).  Her sister's name is Shalom (also Peace).

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life