3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Spaniel Farms Beer Mile - July 26, 2014 (Read 68 times)

Feeling the growl again

Fifth annual?  I can't remember.

Show up anytime noon or after, race scheduled for 4pm tentatively.  I provide a keg of local brew and grill fodder, let me know if you have special considerations.  Anything else you want to bring, and beer to share around, is welcome.

If you've never been here and need geography to help decide, I'm near Lizton, IN and the nearest hotels are 10 minutes away in Brownsburg.

Awards of some sort will be given.  The track is a mowed oval in former cow pasture, accurate but a bit rough with a small incline in turn 4.

Bottles or cans welcome, minimum 5% ABV.

Who's in?

IN

C-R

WhoDatRunner

PaulyGram

spaniel college teammate KK

Joann Y + Dark Lord

spaniel buddy CL

spaniel  college  teammate BS

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

In.

Looking out the window at nothing but snow makes a summer beer mile a must do event.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

I'm a "maybe"... when is the registration cutoff?

Feeling the growl again

when is the registration cutoff?

I suppose if you show up the 27th it would be too late.  Smile

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Prince of Fatness

I am 99% sure that I am out.  The reason for the 1% chance is that I had such a good time when I went that I really would like to make another.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

I am 99% sure that I am out.  The reason for the 1% chance is that I had such a good time when I went that I really would like to make another.

Plenty of time to move those poll numbers the right way.  Big grin

I've always had some interest from people wanting to carpool out here from your general area...if I'm ambitious maybe I could see if that could happen and make it easier on you.

Prince of Fatness

Make sure that you include a trailer for all of the beer.

Not at it at all. 

C-R

Make sure that you include a trailer for all of the beer.

Oh yay. More fat cells.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Hey Spaniel,

I might be able to make it this year.  I have a friend that also might make the trip.  Keep me posted.

Goodman

Feeling the growl again

Hey Spaniel,

I might be able to make it this year.  I have a friend that also might make the trip.  Keep me posted.

Goodman

Great to hear.  More the merrier, and feel welcome to bring the family.  It has been far, far too long since we've seen you and your wife.

So close. We'll be driving right through your neck of the woods on our way to Seattle, but the dates don't quite line up.

Too bad. The thought of us stopping for a beer mile in the middle of a 3,000 mile move, with a trailer, a dog, and two cats in tow, makes me smile.

C-R

Let us know when you are coming through as a beer pit stop is required and we would be all too happy to help.

So close. We'll be driving right through your neck of the woods on our way to Seattle, but the dates don't quite line up.

Too bad. The thought of us stopping for a beer mile in the middle of a 3,000 mile move, with a trailer, a dog, and two cats in tow, makes me smile.

Feeling the growl again

Let us know when you are coming through as a beer pit stop is required and we would be all too happy to help.

+1.  I'm sure some of us locals would roll out the red carpet.  I've got a guest room if you need a layover.

+1.  I'm sure some of us locals would roll out the red carpet.  I've got a guest room if you need a layover.

Much appreciated, guys. We'll see how the cat transport logistics work out....that might get interesting.

Feeling the growl again

Much appreciated, guys. We'll see how the cat transport logistics work out....that might get interesting.

I'm sure we could work SOMETHING out, no cats in the house proper due to wife's allergies.  But we'd work something out.